• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Actionfigureman09

1. A

Laser Cutting Opportunity

Most of my rules up there are pretty flexible. Willing to do all the drafting if necessary and may be flexible on the overall dimensions. You can submit a picture of a part with the general size for all I care. Anybody even a smidge interested? Don't be shy.
  2. A

Laser Cutting Opportunity

Hey There! EDIT: Changed a few things. I've recently gained access to a laser cutter at my college's machine shop. I'd like to learn how to use the machine and I'd like to make something that somebody will appreciate in the process. So here's the opportunity: If you have a small part or...
  3. A

Calling All Engineers

Hey Sixth Army Group members! I used to be a pretty active member on this board when I was a youngin' (I guess I still am one) and it had a big influence on my college decision. I've been studying engineering (M.E.) for two years now and I just transferred from a community college to...
  4. A

Daimler Dingo Build

Built a prototype today using parts traced on a projector from these plans, it's made out of foam board:
  5. A

Daimler Dingo Build

Oops. I forgot to add instructions in there so you can view it correctly and to the right scale. It is drawn in 1/35. Every 25.4 units in the drawing equal 1 in. I'll update it tomorrow.
  6. A

Daimler Dingo Build

I'll probably be adding to this. Hopefully I'll have labels, some extra parts, and a few more details on the parts there already. Here's the file: dingo.skp - 399.8 KB
  7. A

Daimler Dingo Build

Detailed a few parts. Added a little more. I'll likely be stopping soon and sharing the file.
  8. A

Daimler Dingo Build

The blueprints are nearing completion. I switched programs a few times and then decided to go with sketch up. I think when I finish I'll just share the SKP file with you guys. Then you can modify or print them as you'd please. I'm more confident I've got it right this time. I did everything I...
  9. A

Another Dingo Project.

Haha. You'll likely be finished long before me. I'm moving at an extremely slow pace. I may not end up being able to afford the parts and styrene, either. I'll probably be left with blueprints to share with you guys and for my own work some time down the road. I'm eager to see your...
  10. A

Daimler Dingo Build

I've been working on the CAD Drawings. Angles continue to give me problems. I'm still unfamiliar with the program and any shape that doesn't contain at least one 90 degree angle provides a lot of problems since they then have to be split up into multiple parts. Once I figure out how to move...
  11. A

Daimler Dingo Build

Here it begins. These are the first measurements, mostly present, for my Daimler Dingo project. They are waiting to be converted into 1/6 and need a little bit of editing as there are some minor measurement discrepancies between parts that should be equal in length along with several other...
  12. A

Reference Models

This will be a slow moving project, but I've started to get down all the measurements. I need to brush up on my geometry a little bit so I can get the correct angles for each part. I'll be posting blueprints as I create them. I checked the video game skins I had been using before for accuracy...
  13. A

Reference Models

Thank you all so much for the replies. A while back I saw one of the MiniArt kits and thought it looked amazing, I think it's the main reason I looked into building one in 1/6. Until now I've only considered buying the kit, but I figure if I can spend $15 on a new pistol grip for an airsoft...
  14. A

Reference Models

It looks like today somebody posted a 1/35 model at a lower price. So I'll just be picking it up. I am still interested in knowing, though.
  15. A

Reference Models

Hello, Because of the recent release of Dingo parts at Panzerwerk I've decided to restart a dingo project I began a long time ago. This time, I plan to do things right, I'll be scrapping the video game skins as a reference and moving to something a little more accurate. I'm trying to decide a...
Back