• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Brave Rifles

1. Brave Rifles

1/6th scale travelling Ambassador

If I had of been more involved in 1:6 the last couple years, he could have visited Africa with me as I am on my way home tomorrow from the Dark Continent. Perhaps if I return here after my hiatus, he would like to travel again?
  2. Brave Rifles

Sgt Zang steel helmets

Hank, I haven't been on here, nor touched 1:6 in ages, but I'll take more for that future time when I get the plastic itch again. PM sent.
  3. Brave Rifles

New SAG Figure Contest for 2011 7/4/11 - 11/11/11

Now that wouldn't be fun at all, reading all the discussion up to point where I want to chime in?
  4. Brave Rifles

The boys of the 12th are hard on tanks!

Some however, take it too far, and make an operational vehicle look like it is a dug up relic. Good work on this one
  5. Brave Rifles

Well...

Keep doing what you did to make it to 17, so you can make it to 18. And then 19, and so on. Happy B-day, and enjoy it all while you can. After you reach a certain point in life, you might find yourself really, really annoyed at being reminded of your birthday, and automatically choke the first...
  6. Brave Rifles

Question, about the color of US army's wool service trousers

Again, not exactly the best of test conditions, but here are two pair of the originals trousers in background, one of which is the latter war "special" with the gas flap in the fly. In comparison to them, are the DML and BGT "wools" with different light levels. Guy on stand is using the DML...
  7. Brave Rifles

Some good discussion here! In my opinion, the later DML are too much on the bright side. They looked better than the original versins DML gave us, until I started comparing and mixing them in among the real deal. They almost look "khaki" next to them. And while not 100 spot on, I prefer the...
  8. Brave Rifles

chung, those are all real uniforms in my pictures. Same set of wool shirt and pants in them.
  9. Brave Rifles

Chung, here are some examples of some, in different light settings. The dark chocolate colored are a bit of a typical 1:6 mistake for most cases in my opinion. There were some shades in 1:1 that were a little darker, but they were for the most part, officer issued/ purchased and not the common...
  10. Brave Rifles

1/6 "Johnny Vicks" (Private) - British SAS Trooper, 1 SAS Regt., Germany 1945

Re: 1/6 "Johnny Vicks" (Private) - British SAS Trooper, 1 SAS Regt., Germany 1945 Agreed. Kitbash fodder at the best. And still going with the crappy flocked beret with papersticker insignia and same molds on the plastic boots. Of course, it does look like maybe the pouches open.
  11. Brave Rifles

RAF Pilot Picture

My thoughts are that the silhouette is of some sort of ground support equipment normally seen. Fire extinguisher perhaps?
  12. Brave Rifles

Figures Home Supply Duty, Norway

So we have something that is exactly like the DML released items, since it is their molds, etc.. but it isn't DML? Makes sense to me:)
  13. Brave Rifles

New Dragon Figure Hugo Hartwig

DML. Didn't realize they were still around. And a German at that!!! Whoda thunkit??
  14. Brave Rifles

A quick kitbashed Alamo Scout

As Glidah says there were two versions of a "jungle boot" developed in WW2. One style, the canvas and rubber as shown here, was used, but not in great numbers. If you were to look closely at pics from the PTO/CBI, you will find them now and then. The second style of boots, as mentioned, was...
  15. Brave Rifles

A quick kitbashed Alamo Scout

Look like the jungle boots to me. The lay of the uppers, look like cloth material and the eyelets don't look like the leather jump boots.
Back