• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by fusilier1944

1. F

Is there a source for 1/6th scale tartan cloth?

When I’ve needed tartan in 1/6, I’ve used two sources: plaid boxers (yes, underpants) for generic patterns and photofabric for specific tartans. (https://www.joann.com/blumenthal-craft-photofabric-cotton-poplin-5-85inx11in-sheets/7485170.html). Just find an image online then scale & print.
  2. F

test

I’m lucky I remembered my password.
  3. F

SAG board going down for a bit.

I’d like to chip in as well. Sounds like you have a good short term plan. I’m hopeful the board stays around in a non-FB form for some time. I’m actually surprised hobbyist & modelers are still allowed there. Reenactment & Legitimate historical discussion groups get Zucked regularly.
  4. F

Interest IN GPA

Thanks for the suggestions. The general idea is to work through designs the effort has already been done on, even if we haven’t produced them as kits yet. Then we’ll begin tackling entirely new projects. The amount of effort for something entirely new to us would require minimum...
  5. F

Interest IN GPA

It's a very basic hull. There is a windshield, seat frames, steering wheel, and other simple details. This will be a great starting point to build and detail to a level of your choice. Wheels are not included as they are available elsewhere. The picture is of a scratch build that I did that...
  6. F

Ba-64 kit - build

Steering wheel added.
  7. F

Ba-64 kit - build

Thanks. I’m having to be creative with this. Currently living in an apartment so I don’t have access to the usual tools. Not even my Dremel. So this is a Harbor Freight build. Beyond my Mikita drill, Xacto knife, & some drill bits, all the other tools came from HF. For example this vise, flush...
  8. F

Ba-64 kit - build

I guess the pictures are working now. At least for me. Mounted the spare wheel. Definitely adds to the look of the vehicle.
  9. F

Ba-64 kit - build

I attached the frame today with some screws inside. Tough part was deciding where to put these screws so they were accessible and didn’t hit the frame in a bad place. Axles are 1/2” dowel. Wheels are screwed on. I used 3/8” conduit straps to attach them to the frame. The gear boxes are 2 mated...
  10. F

Ba-64 kit - build

Says the guy who has single-handedly kept the figure/diorama side of this hobby alive here for the last few years. 😆 In other news: it looks like the DT did actually ship and could be delivered next week. Tracking number was finally provided and the shipment has unfortunately sat in ISC NY for...
  11. F

Ba-64 kit - build

Can’t wait to see your build YAS! Opened the wheels today: I’m am happy with my purchase from MonkeyHobby. Took longer than i would have liked, but they came through. I also bought a Jeep steering wheel.
  12. F

Ba-64 kit - build

Minimal work lately. Made a dashboard. It’s a start. The wheels were delivered. Had them shipped elsewhere. Picking them up next weekend. The MG from eBay is looking like the scam now. They sent a customs form (claim this is because it looks like a gun) & claim the product will ship...
  13. F

Ba-64 kit - build

My DT is coming from eBay seller “giftofangel” and the tracking is updating regularly. The wheels i ordered, on the other hand, might have been a scam. That was MonkeyHobby who have a hit or miss reputation. Supposed to ship in a few days & be here by DHL in a week. That is overly optimistic...
  14. F

Ba-64 kit - build

Thanks for the affirmation. Working on the first, functional door latch. Made from leftover scraps from the kit/sprue and some styrene rod.
  15. F

Ba-64 kit - build

The hinges are leftover from my resin casting days. Back when I was making Marder parts. I made a master and molded it. Whenever I’d cast anything, the extra resin went in the hinge mold. They are crude & require cleaning up. But I’ve always had enough for my projects.
Back