• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Glidah Drivah

1. Glidah Drivah

New Eisenhower Figure

There's a new Eisenhower figure coming out in the next few months. The headsculpt isn't really a good likeness, and $100 is way too much, but there's some good kitbash material if they part it out. 1/6 Scale WWII Allied Forces Supreme General Eisenhower Action Figure - Wolfking Figures -Nate
  2. Glidah Drivah

Monuments Men

George Clooney and Matt Damon are starring in a film this December about the small team of art experts who saved art and sculpture from the Germans in WWII. This might mean that figures based on the Clooney and Damon characters. I'm not a huge fan of celebrity headsculpts, but a successful...
  3. Glidah Drivah

Alamo In The Ardennes: COL. Hurley E. Fuller CO 110th RCT Clervaux Dec. 16th 1944

Great figure! While the 101st AB, 82nd AB and 3rd Army (and a few others) get much of the accolades for their performance in the BoB, the 28th ID was the unsung hero unit. Sent to the area for R&R after being chewed-up in the Huertgen Forest (such so that they were dubbed the "Bloody...
  4. Glidah Drivah

What's the best 1/6th Wehrmacht figure in the market?

DML's "Uwe" was a pretty good mid-to late-war figure. (GrossDeutschland Division, 1943) Decent gear; and a pretty good headsculpt. They released an early-war figure at the same time named "Bruno" that was also a good overall figure.
  5. Glidah Drivah

POWER TEAM ELITE, worth it?

These figures are the only true 1/6 intro-level figures out there right now. TRU sells a line called either Real Heroes or true heroes that is 1/8 scale. I think the reverse is true. Most of the Power Team figs I have are at least as tall as DML ones; and a few are nearly as tall as Sideshow...
  6. Glidah Drivah

Korean Soldier Soldier Story

Most of the basic gear can be used for WWII. The webbing was issued from late 1944 on. The M50 jacket is nearly identical to the M43; the only major change was the addition of interior buttons. The uniform and parka were not used until Korea. You could use the boots, but this version looks off...
  7. Glidah Drivah

where is M2?

SOTW did one several years back that was very nice. They crop up on ebay now and again.
  8. Glidah Drivah

1/6 Scale Waco Glider

Here's the story that went with the photos: One-way ticket: 'Pandemonium' -- WWII glider pilot recalls operations in Germany | Article | The United States Army One-way ticket: 'Pandemonium' -- WWII glider pilot recalls operations in Germany May 12, 2011 By Jay Mann, Fort Rucker Public Affairs...
  9. Glidah Drivah

1/6 Scale Waco Glider

Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but I found these images. the model is at The Army Aviation Museum at Fort Rucker, AL. The gentleman is a retired WWII Glider Pilot. I apologize for the poor nature of the photos.
  10. Glidah Drivah

Baggage Battles

They usually ask experts about their purchases; and actually went to a comic book store to ask about a bag of comics that they bought. I was hoping that they would talk to a toy/hobby shop owner about it. They're based near LA; and there are a few shows out there they could go to. I agree, it...
  11. Glidah Drivah

Baggage Battles

I'm not sure if anyone here watches the Travel Channel show Baggage Battles, where individuals bid on lost or confiscated luggage, (same people who brought you Storage Wars); but this past week's show offered some 1/6. They were in Vancouver, B.C., and one of the items was a case with 20-25...
  12. Glidah Drivah

Bought a great collection last week

Hey John, is the local guy with the huge collection part of the GI Joe club that meets in Rhode Island?
  13. Glidah Drivah

New US (442) Figure from Caltek Based on Father of one of our own.

Overall, a very nice figure; and more importantly an excellent tribute to a real soldier. It's always nice to see a WWII release; especially a standard "grunt". Positives: It's a Soldier Story release; which means that the weapons are fantastic. They're already gotten kudos for their M1911...
  14. Glidah Drivah

My latest project

That church is coming along nicely, John!
  15. Glidah Drivah

Destroyed T-34 WIP

Re: Destroyed T-34 Pictures Wanted Depending on what mark of the T-34 you are interested in, look for pics from the Korean War. I've seen several destroyed T-34-85s hit by either gunfire (the 90mm from the M26/46 was apparently quite potent) or airstrikes. Napalm often led to the ammunition and...
Back