• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Heeresbergführer

1. Heeresbergführer

Sanitätsunteroffizier Alfons Schmertzmacher, 5th Gebirgs-Division, Gustav Line, Italy

Re: Sanitätsunteroffizier Alfons Schmertzmacher, 5th Gebirgs-Division, Gustav Line, I Gebirgs-Sani vor! Excellent mountain troop medics. My only critic is that the red cross armband should be on the left sleeve. Here's my 1:1 scale version. Too bad no one makes the Gebirgs-Sanitäts Kasten...
  2. Heeresbergführer

Project 'CURRAHEE'

Yeah, still hanging around. Hobby time for re-enacting, collecting, and 1/6th stuff has been limited due to family and work. Plus I'm trying to complete my first book....."Gebirgsjäger in Portrait: Studio and Field Photography of German Mountain Troops in World War II." Steve....yeah, my...
  3. Heeresbergführer

Project 'CURRAHEE'

Nice start Steve! Love the 75mm Pack Howitzer. My wife's grandfather was "Dog" Battery Commander, 377th Parachute Field Artillery, 101st AB Division. He jumped at Normandy and rode in a glider at Market Garden. Airborne! Patrick
  4. Heeresbergführer

big red hair

Greetings Hammer, I remember meeting Paul at DX'06 in California when Dragon brought me out there to do a Gebirgsjäger Display along with my friend, Fred Treiber, who was one of the Expo VIP's along with his exclusive figure. http://timetunnel.bigredhair.com/depot/expo/index.html He still has...
  5. Heeresbergführer

Gebirgsjaeger in Narvik

Grüß Gott Bergkameraden, Just to try to clear some Gebirgsjäger things up and/or make them cloudy too! ;-) As with most things in the German army, and especially with elite units like the Gebirgsjägers, there were many variations of items used. In the realm of Bergmützen, they can range...
  6. Heeresbergführer

Gebirgsjaeger in Narvik

Ausgezeichnet! Outstanding work and photography with my favorite subject! What uniform did you use and where is the turtleneck sweater from? Drei mal Horrido! Patrick
  7. Heeresbergführer

Aviones!!!! (tutorial)

Truppenfahrrad vor! Outstanding work on the figure, Truppenfahrrad, and diorama! Love your work on the bicycle saddle...excellent modeling. It looks like a real saddle. Here's my 1/1 scale Truppenfahrrad:
  8. Heeresbergführer

7.SS-Freiwilligen-Gebirgs-Division Prinz Eugen

Bergheil und Horrido! Outstanding work and display. You really captured the feeling of these mountain troopers. Very natural. Mit einem kameradschaftlichen Horrido! Patrick
  9. Heeresbergführer

REENACTORS 2016 (diorama)

Outstanding display and work!!! Pretty close to my 1/1 scale Truppenfahrrad display: Truppenfahrrad vor! Patrick
  10. Heeresbergführer

Ludwig Stautner, Narvik 1940.

Grüß Di' Bergkamerad Jaime, Outstanding Gebirgsjäger figure! Excellent work. Bergheil und Horrido! Patrick
  11. Heeresbergführer

Verlinden masters get dumped

Guess it all has to come to an end at some point. I first met Mr. Verlinden in the 1980's. I have been an avid model builder since the mid-1960's and was following his work when he first got his business going. I was working in Germany at the time for the US Army as a video producer...
  12. Heeresbergführer

Swiss soldier 1944

Grüezi bei Gott Locat! Excellent conversion! I have some original 1:1 scale Swiss Army uniforms in my collection. Drei mal Horrido! Patrick
  13. Heeresbergführer

Hobnails Vs No Hobnails

Some early US Army Mountain Boots had hob nails and clinkers, but for the most part US Army boots had rubber soles. The USA didn't have a shortage of rubber like most other countries during WWII.
  14. Heeresbergführer

WW2 German 9th Army WEHRMACHT " Johann Alber " ETA is Sept 2016

Looks rather cartoonish to me....didn't the Germans in the SGT ROCK comics have a blue looking uniform? It's a pass for me. Horrido! Patrick
Back