• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by original paintbrush

1. original paintbrush

New board comming soon - good news

Awesome job. Thank you so much for preserving the old & persevering w the new. I'm happy to donate as well. I don't wish to tread FB waters again.
  2. original paintbrush

Attn: Bergfuhrer/Patrick Kiser Pics on Ebay

Hey - anyone have contact info for Bergfuhrer/Patrick Kiser? I'm pretty sure that this is him in this photo that keeps popping up on Ebay. I've sold to Patrick on there and I know that's not his account, but can't remember it. Can someone please give him a heads up or hopefully he sees this...
  3. original paintbrush

Body Types

I'm still with DML. I've dumped all the other ones. They are just too awkward and I don't like ball-pegged necks, feets or hands - they do not last in my experience. DiD bodies are horrendous - clunky to say the least. I also don't need to pay $20-40 for a Hollywood HS.
  4. original paintbrush

German WW2 bandoliers?

Ditto Hammer. I may have seen 1 pic ever of someone else wearing it other than an FJ (early war GJ is in my mind for some reason). It does seem odd now that you brought it up. I'd grab one, esp. if I was one of the soldiers who only got 1 Kar pouch.
  5. original paintbrush

Halloween redux

Thanks Dan. Happy Belated Halloween. Not sure how you neck of the words made out, but we had snow & ice with gusty winds here in Central Indy. Appropriately spooky!
  6. original paintbrush

21st Panzergrenadier Regiment (1Oth SS Panzer Div) Arnhem 1944

Very nice work Jim. That DML figure released was always lacking when it could have been such a great release and you brought it up to snuff. The pics of German troops from Arnhem are amazing. Such a variety of gear and uniform items worn. Straggling Heer troops mixed in with SS troops...
  7. original paintbrush

Photos from the 11th Annual SSCC FIGURECON

I can only say it again, the pics don't do the show justice. I really enjoyed *every* 1/6th display I saw. -Mike's War Correspondent display with the figures was impressive enough. But he had a whole nother 1:1 set-up with a veteran's lot he picked up. It included a field manual for an...
  8. original paintbrush

War-Toys?

I've had trouble in Firefox. No images load. But, I just did an order (thanks to the SSCC show code!! :rock: ) and opened everything in IE and then placed the order. It shows an invalid security certificate in my Firefox, just FYI. But I also run a ton of add-ons.
  9. original paintbrush

Not so much a thread, as a question.

Unfortunately a lot of photos get lost over time on just about any message board (Here, the 6th Division, most of the 1:1 WWII sites I visit all experience this). Sometimes board have galleries of their own for free, sometimes you have to pay (most WWII sites), or you're at the mercy of...
  10. original paintbrush

JP-Hobbies Is Coming Back!!

Jason - Great News & Welcome Back! :!:
  11. original paintbrush

What Uniform are they wearing?

Yep. Herman Goering Division at Anzio in 44. Volkmar's box art also came from a DML model kit with the 4 guys, illustrated by Ron Volstad. You can see the different uniform items a bit more clearly...
  12. original paintbrush

SAVE THE DATE: 11th Annual SSCC FIGURECON - March 23 & 24, 2019

Very nice to see the sign up. Getting excited! I'll be there and either have my oldest again, or I'm pretty sure Mike wants to go, since he missed last year. Can't wait to see everything again. Schoenberg, it's actually not very far from Kings Island - so there's a pretty good variety of...
  13. original paintbrush

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Fred :p Great Pic. I'd still be excited over a truck with Coca-Cola and some Lucky Strikes. :wink: Ps - That's a pretty nice Santa outfit too - who is the mfg?
  14. original paintbrush

Hammer's Africaners

Just finished up another round of sales with Peter. Always straightforward and always no hassles. Pete is one of the most reliable 1/6ther's ever. Thanks Pete & Happy Holidays. :!:
Back