• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by paulrosann

1. P

Hi, is the Mortar trailer still available, and if so how much are you looking for money-wise...

Hi, is the Mortar trailer still available, and if so how much are you looking for money-wise? Bearing in mind it is broken and needs fixing. Cheers Paul Leeds, UK
  2. P

Ammo for German leFH-18(m) 105mm Howitzer?

Thanks for the replies above. Panzer IV's dio is brilliant! The ammo looks great. As no one makes 105mm ammo and Panzer IV says his moulds are shot, then it looks like I'll be making my own. I've looked around the web and found several types of ammo suitable for the Gun. However, no-one seems to...
  3. P

Ammo for German leFH-18(m) 105mm Howitzer?

Hi al, I am in the process of ordering a German leFH-18(m) 105mm Howitzer from Plastic Panzers. I believe it used a 2-part ammunition (separate charge and shell) can someone confirm this. Then the big question is where can I buy some? I've had a good search through the forums and online...
  4. P

SS Polizei Division Cuff Titles?

Thanks Johkaz, that's exactly what I'm looking for. It's great to know I can always rely on you guys when I'm stuck. Cheers Paul
  5. P

SS Polizei Division Cuff Titles?

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me locate some SS-Polizei Division Cuff Titles - Cloth ones ideally, in any of the script styles. I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find any. If you know where to find some, I'd be grateful if you would point me in the right direction. Many thanks Paul
  6. P

Please help me find a tunic

THANKS GUYS Really prompt replies and bang on the money - found them at Battlegear Toys - that's a relief!
  7. P

Please help me find a tunic

Hi all, I'm trying to find which figure a particular tunic came from. Eduardo (Egonzinc) did an amazing series of figures of the Command Group of HJ in Normandy. See http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/ground-pounders/7879-command-group-hj-france-1944-pt-2-a.html for the pictures. The figures...
  8. P

New DiD figure up "Hermann Hanke"

Thanks RogueJK, That seems pretty defeinite evidence that both can be modelled as genuine - though both were probably rare. It would be nice to find a wartime photo to clinch it though..........
  9. P

New DiD figure up "Hermann Hanke"

I'm sure I've read a few times discussions about the oakleaf pattern windproof smock. Each time the conclusion is that these were never made. However, someone claimed to have a photo of one. Can anyone here confirm or deny that this patterned smock ever existed? A photo would be nice too if it...
  10. P

Kubelwagen Colours

Thanks to everyone for the great replies - tremendously clear and helpful. I have PM'd gerbirgsjager6thss and look forward to getting the camo schemes. If anyone else knows of any good pics I would grateful for any links. Cheers Paul
  11. P

Kubelwagen Colours

Hello all, I got a kubelwagen type 82 at a good price on ebay. It is grey. Most of my figures are later war SS, and I thought it would be nice to do a 'retreat to the Seine 1944' dio with the kubelwagen. BUT I cannot find from photos or other sources whether Grey kubelwagens were still being...
  12. P

The Philadelphia Experiment

The Philadelphia Experiment - Pah! Don't get me started on this silly stuff. If you want a short and thorough debunking of this rubbish go to http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4016 and either read the transcript or listen to the podcast. Brian Dunning is excellent in his debunking of many urban...
  13. P

Paulrosann's Entry

Entry 1 Kampfgruppe Frundsberg, Nijmegen, Holland 1944. A young Oberschutze takes a break, but keeps a cautious eye out for the paras nearby. Entry 2 A Scharfuhrer from the Wiking division becons the rest of his platoon forward near Kovel, Russia, April 1944.
  14. P

Organisation of late war SS platoon?

Sigwald, thanks for the idea of a medic. I like that a lot, and so have ordered a 'Hinrich Weller' to bash about a bit. To help me, can anyone point me to any web photos of medics (especially SS medics), as I spent a couple of hours googling and didn't find any useful ones. Mind you I did get a...
  15. P

Organisation of late war SS platoon?

Thanks to thetoysurgeon, sigwald, klaby, and sheppard for the kind words and informative replies. I have been doing bit more reading/thinking/googling and so am abit more sure about the structure of the understrength platoon. German sections were built around the MG. This was part of the...
Back