• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by paydan

1. P

K750

That is one beautiful machine you have there Mule. I was looking at one of those myself about a year ago. Very nice!
  2. P

RC Converted Hasbro M3 Tank Destroyer

I used an HG20 geared motor and gear box. It has a 550 motor with a 20:1 gear ratio and runs 510 RPM @ 12v. It can also run up to 24v.
  3. P

RC Converted 21st Century WWII Willys Jeep

Hey thanks Anthony. It is amazing what can be done with an old cordless screwdriver and a little bit of motivation.
  4. P

RC Stuart Proportional Steering

Hey Tony, Thanks for the reply. The Stu has a mix of both store bought and custom made items that comprise the electronics. Most of the items were purchased from a battlebot distributing company and the others I fabricated myself. The radio equipment is just your basic run of the mill hobby...
  5. P

Rolling Thunder Tech

I have just complete two trades and a purchase with Leonard at Rolling Thunder and couldn't be happier. He goes up and beyond your best expectations. A pleasure to do business with and I look forward to future dealings. AWESOME! :!:
  6. P

Tiger 1 and 2 Cupola Resin Castings

Brilliant!!! :shock:
  7. P

My SdKfz250 a WIP

Nice job Harold. She is really coming along. Keep up the good work. :!:
  8. P

BRA Jagpanther Project

Amazing job!
  9. P

21st Century Zundapp RC Conversion

Hey John, Best of luck with the rest of your project. I totally agree with you when you say how fullfilling these are once they come alive. I have completed about ten conversions so far and each has been just as fun and exciting to finish as the first. Glad I could help. Thanks. Paydan
  10. P

21st Century Zundapp RC Conversion

High John and congratulations on mounting the steering servo. I found that to be the hardest part of it all. You are now on the home stretch. As for getting the drivetrain setup, on mine I only powered the sidecar wheel due to the fact that it was to frikin hard to power the rear bike wheel...
  11. P

Sorry for it taking me such a long time to get these pics up Harold. My mother has been pretty sick so I have been out of town for the past few weeks. Here is an inside shot of my Stuart's proportional steering setup. I also took another short video of her in action. The grass is very thick...
  12. P

RC Converted Hasbro M3 Tank Destroyer

After taking some time off, I finally got my M3 up and running. I had to take some time away from the hobby because my mother recently found out that she has cancer. It is nice to get back in to things because I have always said that this is my therapy. Please let me know what you think...
  13. P

Hello Pzrwest, I took some pictures of the inside this weekend and I will try to have them up this week. Jeepfriend, The new speed controller/skid steer mixer helps the tank's movements to be more fluid in motion. The stock electronics on these are just single speed so it is all or nothing...
  14. P

1/6th RC Stuart and T16 Track Build

Very impressive work Jack. Keep it up. :!:
  15. P

I finally installed my proportional skid steering system to my Stuart. With the base coat down I was able to take her out for a test run. Here is a short video of a couple of laps around my yard. I mounted my animated figure and installed a switch so when I travers the turret it activates the...
Back