• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by rivetcounter

1. R

german antenna base

You have 2 options use the white metal version from Armorpax and make the bracket out of brass or if you want a rubber base Werkstatt - 5 offer them in the correct scale, https://www.facebook.com/Werkstatt.five
  2. R

Leichter Panzerspähwagen Sd.Kfz.222 Ausf B, 5 series

Thank you all for your nice comments. The Dutchman it may be sometime before I do a video but I will post one when I can. 12th SS HJ were issued Sd.Kfz234/2 Puma, I have only found a few divisions who had the 222 in Normandy, 17th SS, 2.Pz.Div 20.Pz.Div most divisions were being equipped with...
  3. R

Final assembly and paint completed along with markings
  4. R

Gun mount was scratch built using the Dragon 2cm Flak38 The correct size and shape grenade screen was scratch built New wheels and hubs from Liam Mahoney in Australia were added these are absolutely amazing in detail Drivers visors were opened and hinges from Werkstatt – 5 added
  5. R

Leichter Panzerspähwagen Sd.Kfz.222 Ausf B, 5 series This is my Armortek Sd.Kfz.222 which has been rebuilt and repainted to represent a vehicle from the Aufklärungs-Abteilung of 2. Panzer Division. December 1943 2.Panzer Division was withdrawn from Russia to France for refitting the...
  6. R

SdKfz 250 Project

The duel barrel case was at one time sold by Panzerwerk, I made the master.
  7. R

Patches of Pride

I have always had good results with Peddinghaus https://www.peddinghaus-decals.de/ if you cant see the decals you require just forward an email with your requirements and metric dimensions of the decals you require, he has always been happy to help me.
  8. R

DML's return to 1/6th

I would like the Schwimmwagen model kit and possible a Horch. German Panzer crew would be welcome but not the usual black clad Panzer wraps more reed green and Stug or Aufclarüngs crew or Panzer Lehr troops
  9. R

PanzerWerks

The new owner is not Field of Armour and it's not Armorpax. It's better not to speculate who the new owner is but I do hope they start to offer parts soon, there are a few parts I would like which are not available from other suppliers.
  10. R

Panther V 1:6 under construction

M.A.N built x50 steel wheeled Panther around October 1944, some used during Wacht am Rhine.
  11. R

PanzerWerks

Panzerwerk was sold last year, the new owner has yet to announce the range being available again.
  12. R

2 cm KwK 30 L/55

charging handle can be on the right side very much like a rifle also seen in your PzII pictures, the charging handle on the kwk for 222 was a T piece at the rear of the weapon similar to an M16, this is also seen on the Flak38.
  13. R

ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941

have you had chance to try the jeep out since you received it, a stiffer set of springs will not be a major change. I have attached a few videos of my own RC converted Dragon jeep to show the off road performance. https://youtu.be/qc85Y7xfltg https://youtu.be/IPFf3bSXFY4...
  14. R

2 cm KwK 30 L/55

KWK30 and Flak38 are one of the same gun the KWK was used in armoured vehicles and the Flak was an anti aircraft weapon its just the titles, notice also that the Chinese 222 uses a 20 round magazine as opposed to the 10 round magazine normally seen in these armoured vehicles.
  15. R

2 cm KwK 30 L/55

Both PzII and Sd.Kfz.222 used the same gun but utilised several different gun barrels the picture of the Sd.Kfz.222 is an export version for the Chinese this differed from the German version so this picture should be ignored, both PzII and used the shorter 10 round magazine as opposed to the...
Back