• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by RogueJK

1. RogueJK

plausibility check

The mortar itself is a minimum 2 person load. One guy carries the baseplate, and another carries the tube and bipod. The typical WW2 USGI mortar squad consisted of 5 men: a squad leader, gunner, assistant gunner, and two ammo bearers.
  2. RogueJK

How was insignia attached to US helmets?

Most often, it was just painted on using a stencil. Less commonly, an actual metal rank insignia was welded onto the front.
  3. RogueJK

HG Division Tanker

It's doubtful. (Those trousers came from DML's 'Werner Bloch', who had a matching wrap.) There were panzer trousers and panzer wraps produced from reed green HBT fabric. And there are a few other types of uniform items made from the Luftwaffe feldblau (blue/grey) HBT fabric, namely standard...
  4. RogueJK

Talk about your "barn" finds!

This was discussed a year ago, when it first occurred: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21745
  5. RogueJK

Supercommando!

Johnson LMGs were also used by Marine Corps special operations units, including the Paramarines and Marine Raiders.
  6. RogueJK

Ramcke Brigade scorpion patch

FYI, there's a 2 page thread over at The Sixth Division, detailing numerous issues over the years with Wynston's Warriors: http://onesixthnet.yuku.com/topic/5862/Merged-threads-Wynstons-Warriors He's been banned from that forum, after too many broken promises and unfulfilled deals.
  7. RogueJK

Panzergrenadiers.

Wolf was based on the same Volstad illustration. It was even used as the box art.
  8. RogueJK

Dragon Marcus revisited

Perhaps you're thinking of Otto Funk, Schuh's assistant gunner? He's the most famous member of the unit, thanks to the widely published photo of his "thousand yard stare". He survived the war, and died in September 2011.
  9. RogueJK

Dragon Marcus revisited

Very nice! The actual soldier that DML's "Marcus" was modeled on is SS-Schütze Klaus Schuh, seen in the photo and Volstad illustration below. Schuh and the other members of his squad from 3rd Platoon, 15th Company, 25th Panzergrenadier Regiment of the 12th SS Panzer Division 'Hitlerjugend'...
  10. RogueJK

German Badge and Insignia - Help Needed

There were no Waffen-SS units in Africa, but there were Allgemeine-SS. (SD, to be specific.) The men in the illustration and photos I posted above were from this unit, known as SD-Einsatzkommando Tunis. The unit was initially formed in mid-July 1942, under the command of...
  11. RogueJK

Ah. I dug around and found the illustration you're talking about, in Concord's "Axis Forces in North Africa". That's not one of Concord's better books, and the art isn't as professional as their other books. Their illustration of the SD officer in North Africa is erroneous. As stated, he...
  12. RogueJK

I'd be interested to see this photo of a DAK Officer with an Anti Partisan Badge... The Anti Partisan Badge wasn't instituted until January 1944, over 6 months after the final defeat of the Deutsches Afrikakorps in Tunisia.
  13. RogueJK

Keep an eye on eBay. CVI sets pop up there from time to time.
  14. RogueJK

You're right. It wasn't included in any of their normal sets, but they offered it with the bonus set they released in 2004. http://www.monkeydepot.com/Insignia_CVI_2004_Bonus_Patch_Collection_p/cvi0036.htm CVI's stuff is/was great. It's a shame.
  15. RogueJK

One Sixth Scale King has it, but I don't even know if he's still in business... http://onesixthscaleking.com/shop/product_info.php/scale-wwii-german-14th-kompanie-fallschirmjager-ramcke-p-1392
Back