• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Rolling Thunder Tech

1. Rolling Thunder Tech

3D printed RC tanks by Warprints

Very impressive work. Are there photos of the inside of the tanks that show the drive systems. The instruction manual is very nicely done.
  2. Rolling Thunder Tech

Reworked Sdkfz 250/8 Neu

Looks great, I like the camo scheme and the crew
  3. Rolling Thunder Tech

New to 1/6th Scale WWII

Another choice for selling off an entire collection is to go to, as Sixth Vanguard stated, a reputable buyer such as Zhukov's Attic, War Toys. JP Hobbies or Justice Fighters, who are listed in the "Quartermasters" section of this forum. You could take photos of all the items, send to the...
  4. Rolling Thunder Tech

Some new 1/6 'Garage build' manufacturers

I also have one of his WC-54's and a Buffalo trailer, both very nice pieces. He is a pleasure to work with.
  5. Rolling Thunder Tech

Longtime Member, USMCPrice

I'm Also sorry for your loss. We would sporadically communicated and he was always fun to converse with and was always very helpful and insightful. Leonard
  6. Rolling Thunder Tech

HELLO FROM A NEW MEMBER.....

We all do what we can
  7. Rolling Thunder Tech

Opel Blitz RC conversion

very clever for the battery compartment
  8. Rolling Thunder Tech

New to 1/6th Scale WWII

I would recommend that if you are going to open some for the kids, start off with any duplicates. Other than that, it depends what you'd like to do. If no interest, then selling would be first option. There is the Crap Game section of this forum, and other than that the usual choice is ebay.
  9. Rolling Thunder Tech

PM Message

thank you both
  10. Rolling Thunder Tech

Suggest starting a thread asking who is within X miles of your zip code. Leonard
  11. Rolling Thunder Tech

HELLO FROM A NEW MEMBER.....

Welcome aboard! Leonard
  12. Rolling Thunder Tech

Welcome to the group. The building looks great and so does the man cave. Sometimes I think that it would have been wiser to have gotten into a hobby with a smaller scale, but the 1/16th scale tanks didn't do anything for me, and other scales can't beat the 1/6 scale figures and accessories...
  13. Rolling Thunder Tech

PM Message

I'm probably missing something simple, but can't seem to find how to send a personal message PM to a posted thread. Help me Obi Wan Kenobi Len
  14. Rolling Thunder Tech

RC RSO

Very nice work, Could I ask your source for the motor? Leonard
  15. Rolling Thunder Tech

Cavalry photo shoot

Very nice photos, taken at a good angle. I appreciate all the detailing done to the pieces. B&W and a little grainy would appear very convincing. Leonard
Back