• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. TBowman

Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Project (mid production)

Hi everyone, Well, after a long break from the 1:6th scale world while I focused on other hobbies, I'm back to start in on my next 1:6th scale RC piece of armor. Moving on from Normandy timeframe and into Dec 1944 with this one. : ) This one will be using a Spearhead/blitzkrieg Armor lower...
  2. TBowman

LCVP Higgins boat

This has always been something i thought I would like to make one day in 1:6th scale. Saw this on a ship-model forum and thought it may be of interest. Scale is 1:8th but still very cool. a 1:6th version would look cool loaded up with guys! Tim
  3. TBowman

Sturmgeschütz III Ausf G Project

Hi everyone Here I go getting ahead of myself again. I am happy to say I finally have this vehicle in the collection. Have been wanting on for a long time and was originally going to convert my Armortek Panzer III ti a Stug. However, the Metalbox model has always interested me. With the...
  4. TBowman

Raketen Panzerbüchse 43 "Panzerschreck" Project

Raketen Panzerbüchse 54 "Panzerschreck" Project Hi everyone And now for something completely different. I've always wanted to do this on one of these or a mortar but was busy with bigger projects. Yesterday, I decided to at least start by painting a few with a base coat. I'll try and...
  5. TBowman

Budget RC tanks

To help alleviate some of the financial hardships hitting many of us these days.... I have found the solution for our next RC tank. Tank Dog - YouTube Tanks can be made to your specifications. :D :D happy tanking Tim
  6. TBowman

Tiger I replica

Probably the best one yet. :) Фото - Tiger I replica by www.maketoff.net regards Tim
  7. TBowman

Only in Libya

Only in Libya do you see T72s with animal carcasses used as camoflage. Must say though, it's quite effective against that back ground. Tim
  8. TBowman

Opel Blitz Project

Hi everyone I recently became interested in this vehicle thanks to a friend in Germany. I never thought I would want a supply truck but I am very very glad it has been added to the collection. It will be detailed and hopefully RC converted. These photos of it are right out of the box and not...
  9. TBowman

Peiper..Just for kicks

Hi everyone Just for the sake of comparing the various sculpts of one of the most famous, of infamous, officers of the war I decided to take a look at the ones I have here. It's amazing how far the hobby has come in regards to the heads and faces. Saying that, I still don't think his likeness...
  10. TBowman

7,5cm Kw.K und 7,5cm Stu.G. K. (L48) and (L70)Patronen (Metal Series)

Hi friends I am pleased to say that with the 5cm and 7,5cm (L24) patronen selling out, I have decided to move forward with the next types of ammunition on my list. 7,5cm Kw.K. 40 (L48) patronen and 7,5cm Kw.K. 42 (L70) Patronen. 7.5cm Kw K 40 and StuK 40 (L48) ammunition was used in the...
  11. TBowman

Spare Panther Links(again)

Hi everyone After much thought, I wanted to post and see what kind of interest there might be for these. I am creating spare links for my Panzer IV (with hollow horns) and have also created the spare links for the Tiger, as many already know. I am having these quoted in large quantities to...
  12. TBowman

7,5cm Kw.K und 7,5cm Stu.G. K. (L24) Patronen (Metal Series)

Hi everyone Here is the 7,5cm patronen for the L24 gun. Used in the following vehicles: Stug III ausf A-E, Panzer III ausf N, Panzer IV ausf A-F, Sd.Kfz. 233/4, Sd.kfz. 251/9 and Sd.Kfz. 250/8. Like the 5cm, these are CNC machined aluminum, brass color plated and are from scale 3D files I...
  13. TBowman

5cm Kw. K. 39 Patronen (Metal Series)

Hi guys I'm reviving an old project that was put on hold a while back. I'm pleased to say that the Kwk 40 and Kwk 42 ammo will be next. Only a few Panzer IV rounds were done in my first round and sold out quickly. I will be producing 4 types of L48 ammo and two types of the L70 ammo. I will...
  14. TBowman

A Side Project

Hi everyone, Making a large quantity of these for a friend's Sdkfz 250 ammo carrier. These are the metal, air-tight, single round patronenkasten for Kw. k. 40 ammunition. Master Patterns (handle and hinges will be added before final paint. First round of castings Starting to paint...
  15. TBowman

Blitzkrieg Armour Hetzer

Hi Everyone I thought everyone would enjoy these photos of a completed Blitzkrieg Armour Hetzer. This superb RC model was built and finished by Steve Norris. It is nice to see one in the more common factory camo scheme. :!: :!: :!: Happy tanking Tim
  16. TBowman

Reference photos

These are just the beginning of photos that will be available on my web site. The vehicles labeled "updated" are the only ones with photos at the moment and I have hundreds more photos of these and various other weapons systems and vehicles I will be adding when ever I can find the time...
  17. TBowman

Sturmgeschütz IV Project

Hi everyone Although I will ease into this project while my main focus remains on the Panzer IV, I thought I'd get the thread started by showing what arrived last week. It is a late production model Stug IV, another excellent model manufactured by Blitzkrieg Armour. Thanks to mr Dave Hopkins...
  18. TBowman

Panzer IV Ausf H Project

Hi everyone. Well, after a long, long wait for a Panzer IV(my personal favorite tank of the war) I finally have one to start working on. I'll be finishing some detail work on the late Tiger's lower hull and then focus on this project. Arrival! YIPEE!! Early Christmas present! The hull...
  19. TBowman

Panzer Patronen Update

Hi everyone Some of you know already but I wanted to post and let everyone know that I will have a very limited, initial quantity available of the following ammunition types. I was hoping to post first parts by now and with luck, will have something this week. The first set of parts will...
  20. TBowman

An afternoon with big cats

I am happy to say that three Armortek owners from the West Coast were able to have an afternoon out with our tanks. Weather was perfect and it made for some nice photo and video opportunities. Great fun! The lethal threesome Bob's Panther lies in wait, buttoned up, for the next target...
Back