• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. L

Digger Scout!!

Hello folks. i've pretty much given up on photobucket as it's become too tedious to post in forums these days. But here's something i did last year. It's a WW2 Aussie. Digger Scout!! "Aussie jungle patrol" Sergeant 25th Brigade 7th Division New Guinea 1943-44...
  2. L

"Blue" Anti-tank rifleman

Hola Friends here's something I did a couple of months ago. Based on the Famed Spaniard "Blue" division. Franco's volunteers in Russia sent as a gesture of gratitude to Hitler for his help during Spain's civil war during the 1930's. well here's Panzerbüchse 39 Gunner German 250th "Blue"...
  3. L

Buffalo Bazooka Joe

Hi Amigos. Here's something I did recently for a friend of mine on FB. Always been interested in doing something on the 92nd Buffalo soldiers. Finally got around to that. Well here is a Buffalo Soldier, Corporal Bazookaman 370th Regimental combat Team 92nd Infantry Division Serchio Valley...
  4. L

A Grunt and his 'Black Bitch'

Hello Again friends here's something i did recently for a friend customer. "The Grunt and his Black Bitch." PFC machine gunner 1st/7th Marines Quang Nam Province South Vietnam 1969 thanks for looking. namaste Miguel
  5. L

"Zweite Welle Kommt An!!"

Well here is something I did last year. I read a book on these guys and decided to make a figure on this unit. What I found interesting was that half of this battalion-sized unit was composed of penal soldiers serving for various disciplinary convictions. Interesting enough, they volunteered to...
  6. L

"The Roach" (Apocalypse Now)

Hi Again Guys, Well here's something I did recently. Saw the Classic Movie Apocalypse Now for the hundredth time and always loved this character, who is in the movie only for a few minutes. He left an indelible mark on my brain. "The Roach" played by Herb Rice was a seminal character (for me)...
  7. L

Red Tail Angel

Hello Old Amigos Well after FINALLY sorting out my Photobucket account i can post pics again. i believe they've come to their senses about allowing people who pay the 100 bucks a year to post in forums. Anyways this is something i did last year. Saw a local news story on a Tuskegee Airman...
  8. L

"..That Crazy Indian.."

Hello Guys Here's something i did recently and figured i'd post it for the anniversary of D-DAY today June 6th. As always i pick up inspiration from the books i have been reading. Read several books on the Filthy Thirteen and their heroic actions during the Normandy campaign. I was inspired to...
  9. L

“Soul Patrol”-LRRPs-Extraction!

Hello friends Here is something i did recently.Inspired by Mr. Ed Emaunel's stark, gripping and compelling memoir on his Vietnam experience. I decided to make a 1/6th diorama based on one of his LRP/LRRP teams in Vietnam, as described in his book. I took a crash course in all things Vietnam and...
  10. L

Buffalo Rangers! "Let Valor not Fail!"

All-Black, All-Rangers well here’s a 1/6th project I recently did. It’s African american Rangers during the Korean War. The Korean war is often referred to as“ The Forgotten war”because of the lack of public attention it received both during and after the war, and in relation to the global scale...
  11. L

The Liberators

Hello Amigos I was watching a movie called "The Great Raid" with James Franco & Joseph Fiennes on cable several months ago and the movie moved me to read further more. 6 books later i was compelled to do a 'bash on these heroes who sadly are under represented in the annals of WW2. The...
  12. L

Supercommando!

Hello friends, something i did a couple of months ago. inspired again by books have i read. These men were the very best in the field. The supercommandos For my friends up in Canada. "Black Devil of Anzio" First Special Service Force Forceman of 5-2 LMG 'Johnson' Gunner Anzio 1944...
  13. L

"Harter Hund"

Hello amigos something i did inspired by seconds of footage from a german newsreel. the face of that FJ jumped out at me while watching, so i was compelled to do a bash on this 'hardened FJ defending in the St. Lo area during '44. waited around for a sculpt that was compareable and settled on...
  14. L

"Black Panther wrapped in cold steel"

Hello again amigos As always something i saw on TV about these brave men compelled me to read further about this famous unit during WW2. Their story is quite remarkable as they were fighting essentially a 2 front war, here at home and hitler's army. The whole thing in those days was absurd, it...
  15. L

Panzerwerk.com & east coast armoury

Hola friends. I wanted to know if anyone knows if panzerwerk.com is still up and running? as i placed an order and haven't heard back from them. also their 'contact us' tab on their site is no longer working. And also placed an east coast armory order and haven't heard from them either. if...
  16. L

"Hallo? Hallo?...Die Mörser sind nicht bereit!!!"

Hello Friends this is something i did recently. been reading books on the St. Lo battles and Lehr division so did this. Please forgive the over-indulgence with the fotos. I know i'd make a lousy photo editor..lol. anyways here is.. Oberleutnant PanzerGrenadier-Lehr-Rgt. 901 "Bocage...
  17. L

Spain's Falange 'Jinete' 1937

Hello amigos Here's something i put together recently.It's a horseman from Franco's Falange militia during Spain's civil war of 1936-39. This was a precursor to WW2 with all the major powers at the time sending contingents to support Franco's Nationalists or the opposing Republicans. anyways i...
  18. L

DAK WiP ensemble dio for my Pz II

DAK 1941 WiP ensemble dio for my Pz II Hello Friends I was not sure if i wanted to post this as i'm not a huge fan of WiP posts to begin with, but figured i post to see what you guys think. my fiancee gave me a Dml DAK Panzer II for xmas..well i finally took it out of the box last weekend and...
  19. L

"James Francis Ryan"

Hola Friends Spr "James Francis Ryan", everyone has got one, has done one and wants to be one..lol. So i embellished & reworked my did boxed with different parts. Used and reworked the CH SpR ryan helmet (netting,straps etc.) better tin top imo. anyways here is mine. "Yes Sir! How did you know...
  20. L

Handschar NCO

Hello amigos this is something i put together last month..decided to share. Now i was never particularly interested in the infamous sS-Handschar div. but an original photo caught my eye of a Handschar soldier in peadot with fez (posted here for reference) and that motivated me to make this...
Back