• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. A

Requesting assistance from the fally experts out there

Hey guys I recently picked up a Soldier Story Fallschirmjager set that I'm working with. I collect mainly US forces of different eras so my loose parts knowledge and accuracy is limited when it comes to ww2 german. I'm going for a Fallschirmjager from the 6th regiment in the area of Carentan...
  2. A

MACV SOG "One Zero": WIP (7/14)

Along with my ARVN ranger, figured maybe I could take some pics of my MACV SOG WIP figure. Still gathering parts at the moment so hes missing his stabo rig among other things. I always like to see if I can make my figures unique and set them apart from figures people usually make of the...
  3. A

ARVN Ranger

Well, I originally wanted to make him from around the time of the Tet Offensive, but haven't gotten around to repainting my 3-prong so I took these shots with the "Bird Cage" m16. It was said that before the Tet Offensive many of the ARVN ranger units were of varying quality mostly due to...
  4. A

This day in 1944...

"Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force! You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our...
  5. A

"All American" Normandy Pathfinder with Beacon.

Still sort of a WIP as I still have to add the saftey cover for the beacon and paint a couple details I missed, but other than that calling this one done. Been working on it for a little over year assembling parts and get reference pics of the PPN-2 beacon. Theres a lot of conflicting...
  6. A

John "Jack" Agnew, of Filthy 13 fame passes at age

Can't believe this slipped under my radar. May he R.I.P "Filthy 13" was the nickname of the famous demoltion men that donned mohawks and war paint prior to d-day invasion http://www.examiner.com/a-2573359~Agnew__member_of_WWII_Filthy_13_unit__dies_in_Pa_.html
  7. A

"Shake a Leg!" 41st Armored Infantry

Flaptop already did a great job on his 41st infantry soldier and it reminded me that i'd yet to take shots of mine. So thanks to him for the kick in the pants! :mrgreen: Just wanted to share a project i've had done for a long while, but hadn't gotten the chance to take pics of yet. I've read...
  8. A

AN/PPN-2 Pathfinder beacon transmitter

I was wondering a couple things... 1) Has anyone ever tried to recreate this accurately? I've gotten a hold of one of the G.I. Joe made Beacons and I'm looking to mod it into something a bit more accurate as it currently has a cheesy hand lamp attached to it :s 2) From what it looks like the...
  9. A

RT-37/ PPN-2 (Eureka Beacon)

I've done a bunch of searching already, but i was wondering if anyone had some good reference pics of the PPN-2 (set up with the Aerial in particular, but any shots are good). here is the set in question... www.summerof44.org.uk/Images/Equipment/PPN2/ppn2-4b.jpg
  10. A

101st Airborne engineer, D+3 Douve River Bridge

little bit of history: In the days after D-day, members of the 326th Airborne Engineers Demolition section destroyed 2 small bridges that crossed over the Douve River. Northeast of Carentan they held another bridge wired to blow. For several days the Germans made attempts to cross the bridge...
  11. A

101st AB, 82nd AB, and 29th Infantry bashes (intro)

Hey there guys! I've posted a couple times already, but never any of my own "work" To keep it short, I originally got into 1:6 back when The Ultimate Soldier first came out (or when i bought the d-day anniversary G.I. Joe if you want to get more specific). I've been away from the hobby for...
Back