• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Brave Rifles

Boom sticks for Viaad

Not pictured are a couple .22's like my old Ruger 10-22, and my Moisin-Nagant. Pistol wise, I had a Springfield Arms .45 Tactical until last week when I sold it for personal reasons. But still have my FNP .40, and my CCW Taurus 9mil. Long sticks, two AR's. A Bushmaster ORC, and the bottom is...
  2. Brave Rifles

Finally!! Something every man needs...

YouTube - The women Language Translator - Manslator
  3. Brave Rifles

RIP Maj Dick Winters

http://www.majordickwinters.com/ MajorDickWinters.com • View topic - REST IN PEACE MAJOR WINTERS... The Zygo Soccer Report: [NSR] Rest in Peace - Major Richard "Dick" Winters - Hero of D-Day
  4. Brave Rifles

761st Tank Bn re-do background photos

Another of my recent playing around with 1:1 items for backgrounds. Redo of my earlier 761st Tank Bn figure..
  5. Brave Rifles

11th Airborne in the PTO. Old fig, new PICS

I've been out of the net for a couple weeks in 1:1 life, due to my oldest being in a near fatal accident. Spent the last couple weeks more or less in ICU, standing over him like the helpless parent I was. Now that he is out of danger and on the road to a long recovery, I decided I needed a small...
  6. Brave Rifles

WIP.Ghost Mountain Boys.. New Guinea 1942

Haven't touched 1:6 in quite few months now. Between work, and my 1:1 collection, it kinda fell by the wayside. But.....getting that bug again. I read a great book sometime ago called the "Ghost Mountain Boys". It centers on the US Army 32nd Infantry Division battle to help our overstretched...
  7. Brave Rifles

My mini me back from Iraq

Not very exciting pics, and I didn't get to take many this time, but my mini-me just returned from another little jaunt to the sandbox with me. Makes the second trip he has made there and back. Was hoping to have had Sgt Tak, the traveling ambassador in time to make the trip with us like last...
  8. Brave Rifles

New toy, Bushmaster AR

My newest addition to the growing arsenal. A Bushmaster ORC, Eotech and two Magpul Pmags. Heading to the range tomorrow at lunch to bust its cherry. Also, have some handguard rails and flip up iron sights enroute to sexy it up a little more, so can't wait to get it all put together.
  9. Brave Rifles

Seems the hobby was around way before us....

Anyone have $1600.00 they could spare? http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-Imperial-Military-Army-Ichimatsu-Soldier-DOLL_W0QQitemZ140361710301QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAsian_Antiques?hash=item20ae35badd
  10. Brave Rifles

HBO link for the Pacific, for those who don't have HBO!

You can watch last nights first episode here: http://www.hbo.com/index.html#/the-pacific/episodes/0/01-part-1/video/part-1-full-episode.html/eNrjcmbOYM5nLtQsy0xJzXfMS8ypLMlMds7PK0mtKFHPz0mBCQUkpqf6JeamcjIyskknlpbkF+QkVtqWFJWmsjGyMQIAWCcXOA== You will have to register first. But, if you are...
  11. Brave Rifles

Todays gunshow haul

Always wanted to have a M1 carbine, and when I had the chance to get 2 at a gunshow today, I jumped on the chance. Got both from the same seller for a steal. Can't wait for the next time I go get some trigger time!!
  12. Brave Rifles

761st Tank Battalion crewman

Thought it was about time for this, in my collection, to continue with the diversity that it entails. I completed this over the weekend, while my son and I were watching movies and "bashing" figures. A tank crewman, about to get some "down time", he has grabbed his wool blanket and musette bag...
  13. Brave Rifles

My 1:1 M1 helmet projects

Started collecting 1:1 militaria again, much to my wallets demise, and really big in into the US M-1 lids. Put this together tonight, while my son and I were watching some good WW2 movies, and scattered 1:6. Still waiting on a proper liner for it, and a couple others. But, like the way it is...
  14. Brave Rifles

Marine Rifleman, Tarawa, 2nd MarDiv

Hopefully my crappy pic taking does it justice. I seem to be hit or miss on the matter. My first Marine for my WW2 collection. The other figure being a Civil War'ish period Marine. This one made with a good mix of manufacturers, and many thanks to Leatherneck for his insights and knowledge...
  15. Brave Rifles

New Phising Scam.. Yanks beware

Just received this, and thought it was rather phisy. Especially in view of having my 09 taxes recently done up. Did some internet research and found quite a few sites listing this as another scumbucket attempt. Beware folks. Here is one site: http://www.spamdiary.com/category/phishing-spam/
  16. Brave Rifles

"Contact", 11th Airborne, Philipines, '45

Another PTO fig for my collection. Created with a mix if BGT, NLM, DML, DiD, Soldier Story, Barracks Sgt, and SGT Zang helmet. Hope you like, and as always, any critiques or recommendations welcome. Good link for some of the 11AB history: http://sites.google.com/site/seans11thairborne/Home
  17. Brave Rifles

Squad Leader, 3ID "Rock of the Marne", late '44

Hope you like, and thanks for looking.
  18. Brave Rifles

Johnny Reb...by my son.

My youngest and I like to sit and build soldiers together when we get the chance. Yesterday was one of those days, and he wanted to show everyone his latest creation. He hopes you like and thanks for looking he says.
Back