• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Michigan Dawg

Passing of another 1/6er.

Very sorry to hear of your sister's passing as 53 is just far too young. Will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
  2. Michigan Dawg

SAS North Africa POW DAK

A real pleasure to view and great fun just noticing all the convincing details you added. And beautifully photographed to top it all off. Thanks very much for sharing it with us all.
  3. Michigan Dawg

US Army 144 page book on the Kubel Wagon

Very useful information! Thanks so much for making it available.
  4. Michigan Dawg

Making an Ironing Station for 1/6-scale Clothing

Here's my version of an ironing station for action figure clothing. I spent part of a weekend constructing an ironing station for my 1/6-scale uniforms. I've long wanted to do this as every time I iron something with a full-size iron it seems to take forever due to the inordinate amount of...
  5. Michigan Dawg

Granatwerfer help

Phil, thanks very much for the image. Is there any chance you can capture the entire range table in 2 or 3 photos? And can you tell us the overall dimensions? At some point I would love to make a detailed version of the range table (perhaps as a decal) if I can get the details from you...
  6. Michigan Dawg

Kurt Meyer Motorcycle jacket button defect issue!

I'll try and do the same.
  7. Michigan Dawg

Kurt Meyer Motorcycle jacket button defect issue!

My motorcycle jacket buttons were defective as well and I've never seen anything like it before. The buttons were the only items affected although the coat itself was spotted in places with a dry powdery residue from the buttons. The residue actually looked like the results of a corrosive...
  8. Michigan Dawg

Kampfraum arnheim

It's a fantastic collection of high quality photos. I ordered mine after receiving an e-mail from RZM Books and the Amazon price was $38 at that time (May 30). I jumped on it! Probably the immediate demand drove the price up quickly. But it's still an excellent deal at the current price and...
  9. Michigan Dawg

Best 1/6th M43 caps?

I like the Newline M43's but as others have pointed out they are far too large for the typical DML head let alone the smaller Soldier Story and DiD heads. I've gone through all my DML headsculpts and found about a dozen that are larger than the average and I use those with the Newline hats...
  10. Michigan Dawg

My 3rd Sculpt attempt

You're not just simply improving with every sculpt, you're improving dramatically right before our eyes. I don't know how to explain it except to submit that you must have had the innate talent to sculpt all along and you're rapidly acquiring the skills you need to express the talent. It's fun...
  11. Michigan Dawg

Improving the German Bread Bag

Thanks for the kind words. I do use an awl to mark my stitch locations according to patterns or templates that I create. I then use an ordinary sewing needle and thread employing a saddle stitch to simulate machine sewing. A saddle stitch is a particular kind of stitch frequently used in...
  12. Michigan Dawg

Improving the German Bread Bag

A few members of the Sixth Division forum took a pledge to try and show something monthly that's one-sixth related and that we've been working on in order to keep ourselves and others motivated. To that end, I thought perhaps some here at the SAG would enjoy seeing my monthly efforts and you're...
  13. Michigan Dawg

1/6 VW Beatle?

It's a VW "Beetle" not "Beatle". On behalf of Beatle (John, Paul, George, and Ringo) fans everywhere I could not allow that to stand.
  14. Michigan Dawg

On Improving DiD Bodies

In general, I like DiD's figure bodies; but in particular, I don't like the overly deep and wide bodybuilder chest. So I decided to undress all my DiD figures (I have about 25) and remove as much of the chest depth as I could as well as narrowing the torso under the arms. To accomplish this I...
  15. Michigan Dawg

Is this true 10 feet = 19 inches in 1/6 scale?

OK, I see what's going on. My 2/3" is the exact answer. But if you're only interested in the approximate answer to the nearest 8th inch then you get 5/8" and to the nearest 32nd inch then you would use 21/32" and so forth.
  16. Michigan Dawg

No. 4" full-scale = 2/3" in 1/6-scale. It's nothing more than dividing the full-scale dimension by 6. In this case, I divided 4 by 6 which is 4/6". That fraction, of course, can be simplified to 2/3". How in the world did you arrive at 21/32"?
  17. Michigan Dawg

10 feet = 120 inches 120 inches x (1/6) = 20 inches So, you were wrong, but close and certainly well-intentioned!
  18. Michigan Dawg

Speachless....

Randy, that's sacrilege! You can't take a highly decorated general officer like Gille and relegate him to a simple hauptmann in the Heer! Just kidding. And you're right, these new headsculpts are fantastic (and Gille is one of the best). My other favorites are the Goebbels and the Goering...
  19. Michigan Dawg

Granatwerfer help

Great and thanks, Phil. I look forward to your post and appreciate you sharing your knowledge and expertise. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
  20. Michigan Dawg

Granatwerfer help

Phil, do you have any photos of the 1:1 range table that's attached to the firing tube? That item often seems to be missing from surviving examples of the GrW 34. Thanks.
Back