• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. egonzinc

Monkey Rabbit Pz III Ausf ?

I think my next project will be a Monkey Rabbit PzIII. When I first got it, I looked it over and identified it as an Ausf H. BUT, the engine covers (one piece) and the vents on the engine hatches (running along the axis of the tank) are correct for an Ausf L. And yet, in an image (not a photo)...
  2. egonzinc

End of an Era, my hosted images will go dark 2/28/21

Got notice a couple of days ago that the site I used to host my images in all forums, Picturetrail, will be no more at the end of February. I have been posting my images with them since 2004 and have a total of 12,783 images hosted with them. Not all were hot linked to posts in these forums, but...
  3. egonzinc

Dragon PzII C prebuilt, wondering about the insignia...

I was looking at images of the DAK prebuilt PzII lets call it C.(item # 71455) On the side of the turret, there is a red rune... an inverted Y with an extended center line going down. Anyone know what this is? Is it an attempt at the 15th Pz Div insignia with the base of the triangle missing...
  4. egonzinc

Trying to contact Dave Tedesco. Is he still in business?

I have not contacted him over the last 9 years. I bought a bunch of his embroidered German shoulder straps and I'm trying to contact him to bolster some of my inventory. Thanks in advance for your help. Eduardo
  5. egonzinc

Dio- "Counterattack Normandy; July 1944"

Counter Attack Around Caen; July 1944 Various units from 1st and 12th SS Pz Divisions Counter attack Canadian troops near Caen in Early July 1944. Included in the set up a SdKfz 234/2 "Puma", a Kubelwagen and a SdKfz250 Neu bringing reconnaissance to a spearhead led by a JadgpanzerIV, a...
  6. egonzinc

Crew Flak 36/37 88mm, 3.SS HQ Co. Demyansk 1942

Flak 36/37 88mm gun crew HQ Co, 3.SS Division Demyansk, September 1942 Left to right loader/ammo handler, assistant gunner, HQ Co Officer, gunner, gun commander, ammo handler This is a commissioned crew for a Flak 36/37 88mm gun which was part of the HQ company of the Division. It will man a...
  7. egonzinc

Anyone heard from Truescale Armor?

Website remains live, but I have been unable to make contact in over two years. No emails are aswered. I have not been able to make contact with Mardon either. And I habe not seen or heard anyone getting a model over the last 4-5 years.
  8. egonzinc

Luftwaffe Oberfeldwebel Pilot August 1944

Luftwaffwe Oberfeldwebel Pilot August 1944 A quick bash that was originally intended to look like a smaller scale miniature posted by my good friend Jaime Fernandez (Montañez). One of the magical aspects of the 1/6 hobby is looking at a print, figure or real photograph and realizing that you...
  9. egonzinc

Toy Soldier Dio- "Searching for Private Ryan", Normandy 1944

Toy Soldier (1/30) Diorama- “Searching for Private Ryan” Here a recent toy soldier display. The diorama base was made by Jakob of Toy Soldiers of Scandinavia. The figures are from King and Country. These items are 1/30 or approximate 60mm scale. The scene shows Captain Miller’s Ranger squad...
  10. egonzinc

Toy Soldier Dio- Battle of Bosworth Field 8'22'1485

Toy Soldier Diorama – Battle of Bosworth Field, 8/22/1485 Had been planning this set up for a long time. Finally got around to organize the figures and make a scenic base for one of my display cabinets. The figures are by John Jenkins Design and are 1/30(60mm) scale. Here an overall view of...
  11. egonzinc

Lt Albert Ernst and "Buffel" Nashorn crew, January 1944

Lt. Albert Ernst and “Büffel” Nashorn Crew sPzJagAbt 519 3rd Panzer Army Army Group Center, Russian Front January 1944 Nashorn ace, Leutnant Albert Ernst, was platoon commander of 1st company of sPzJagAbt 519, In December of 1943, he destroyed some 14 Soviet tanks in a single day using...
  12. egonzinc

Looking for ONE SIXTH UNIQUE (Steve) contact info

The email I have on record steve@suekate.fsnet.co.uk. Is not working Thanks in advance for your help. Eduardo
  13. egonzinc

Dio- "I Would Rather Be The Hammer Than The Anvil" Gen. Rommel, 1940

Dio- “I would rather be the hammer than the anvil”: Gen. Erwin Rommel, France 1940 A couple of days back I received the wonderful Rommel figure made by my very good friend Jaime Fernandez, aka Montañes. I worked on the yard and got it ready for a quick afternoon photo shoot today...
  14. egonzinc

Dio- "Staghound Running Down Its Quarry"; Normandy, 1944

Dio - “Staghound Running Down Its Quarry” Normandy, 1944 This is my Staghound from last year, in various spots of my yard. It is the first main photoshoot after the devastation of Hurricane Maria in September 20. About a dozen of the small trees were downed by the nearly Cat5 winds. The...
  15. egonzinc

US Medic, ETO 1944-45

US Medic Corporal Northwest Europe, 1944/45 I recently put together a pair of medics using the recent Alert Line (AL) set. Made both identical, one is a present for a friend and the other for my collection. The AL set is very nice. Used a reduced DML body. The HS is the one that comes with the...
  16. egonzinc

HJ Untersturmfuhrer, 1944

HJ Untersturmfuhrer, Normandy 1944 I had put this figure together about six month ago but had not had a chance to share it. Been working on the yard and decided to take this figure out in the open for some images.
  17. egonzinc

And now Maria...

We are still without power, and a new storm Maria is heading our way. Expected between Wednesday and Thursday... Wow!
  18. egonzinc

Were any Jeeps, like DML SAS Raider NW Europe used by other troops?

Wondering if the NW Europe Jeep, releaseed by DML was used by recon or any other troops. TIA
  19. egonzinc

Which were the built Jeeps sold by DML/Dragon?

I have lost track of which were the Jeeps pre-built models released by DML. I remember: - the SAS in NW Europe vehicle, with twin wickers front and aft - an odd armored US piece with a bazooka or mg or both Did they release a "basic" Jeep pre-built, or any others? Is the one numbered 71410...
  20. egonzinc

Inns Of Court "Team" Picture, Normandy, June 1944

Inns of Court Regiment “Devil’s Own” Armored Car Regiment 1st Corps, attached to 11th Armored Division Normandy, June 1944 Staghound, Jeep and WSC with Inns of Court figures. Here are my first images of the 10 figure group which will be the crews of my IOC vehicles. BIG thanks to Tony Barton...
Back