• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. armourguy

M27 Recoilless rifle Project

Hi everyone, shortly after I finished off the M40 RR family I decided to take what I learned on creating those models / kits and put them towards creating the M40's predecessor, the M27. I got the idea while I was doing research I stumbled across the M27 RR, but this variant was...
  2. armourguy

Large ECA announcement, New parts, new materials, new vehicles

Hi Everyone, There is some big news at ECA. Over the last few months I've tooled up more new components for many of my 1/6 product lines. Currently I have a handful of 1/6 customer builds going on and while building the tanks I decided to make the following parts below Starting with the...
  3. armourguy

Dragon 2cm Flak 38 quick build

Hey guys, I recently finished off this Dragon Flak 38 AA gun. The kit was purchased for use as a builders aid for the 222 Gun carriage. With the completion of the 222 system I decided to finish this kit off as not to have another open kit floating around the shop. Due to time...
  4. armourguy

RC Sherman VC Firefly project

Hi Guys, Since I completed the Late Tiger I, I turned my attention to another 1/6th scale commission build, this project being a British V Firefly. For the Base model I will be using the Firefly V kit from Armortek. This kit is the same starter kit that I used on the recently completed US...
  5. armourguy

New ECA M3 halftrack and stuart parts

Hi Guys, For the last few months now I have been doing some R&D on some new parts for the Stuart and the Us Halftrack. Starting with the Stuart I have added the following items to the catalog, http://eastcoastarmory.com/m5.htm Metal M5A1 front headlight brush guards set. Resin M5 / M3...
  6. armourguy

ECA impostor Counterfeiter scam alert!

Hi guys, it has been brought to my attention by another board member that there is an individual who goes by the name of "Dan" is going to model shows selling what he claims as ECA parts in volume and claiming to be the "master maker" for ECA. This is a complete scam. With the noted exception...
  7. armourguy

Dragon M4A3 commission build project

Hey guys, First off I would like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable memorial day, It seems like ages since I posted on here, but I have been extremely busy with lots irons in the fire right now of new projects, detail parts, and updates on current ones that I haven't had time to post on...
  8. armourguy

quick weekend diorama and short film

Hi Guys, This weekend I took a break from projects / orders to film a quick diorama and short video. More pics are posted on the facebook page, youtube Link is below...enjoy :D. https://www.facebook.com/EastCoastArmory 1/6th scale King Tiger tanks in battle. - YouTube
  9. armourguy

M5A1 Stuart, M20 and other WWII vehicle walk around images and videos.

Hello all, over the weekend I went to the red ball Military vehicle show. At the show was a real M5A1 stuart as well as many other WWII era vehicles. Listed below I have some videos that I took of the vehicles. As well as having more images posted the the ECA facebook page M5A1...
  10. armourguy

Late Tiger I Commission build project

Hi guys, After the Panther was completed I was contacted by another collector to build for him an RC Late production Armortek Tiger I. I was able to track down a kit on the second hand market. The model it's self was only partially assembled and was in a mocked up condition. This made...
  11. armourguy

M4A4 Sherman tank project

Hi guys, After building a series of german tanks I decided to go back and build some more allied. With just about everyone cranking out M4A3s these days I decided to spice things up a bit by building a lesser appreciated Sherman variant, the M4A4. For the base model I will be using the...
  12. armourguy

Weekend Tiger diorama

While watching "Theirs Is the Glory" on Netflix, the quick scene with the Bovington tiger I came on screen and put the idea in mind for a quick dio with my tigers. So over the weekend I took a quick break from working on projects and took out all of my panzer grey tigers for a dio shoot / tank...
  13. armourguy

New ECA sherman, stuart parts

Hi guys, I have the added the following parts to the product lines East Coast Armory -- 1/6th Scale M4 Sherman Detail Upgrades 1. DML sherman replacement loader's hatch. This hatch is designed to be a drop in replacement for the kit supplied loader's hatch on the DML sherman. The hatch...
  14. armourguy

Armortek Panther G commission build project

Hi Guys, a few weeks ago I was contacted by a client to finish off his armortek Panther G. His tank was a 2006 first generation kit, He purchased the kit when it was first released and hired a 1/6 model maker to build the model for him. After about 6 years the model never progressed past the...
  15. armourguy

Explorer I Satellite

Hi Guys, A few years ago I built this Glencoe 1/6th scale Explorer 1 Satellite kit for fun. I picked it up from a mail order model company for $5.00 in the clearance section. I built it out of the box and placed it over my TV in the living room. A few days ago I dusted it off and took some quick...
  16. armourguy

ECA Built Late M10 fully weathered and crewed.

Hi Guys, a few months I posted some pics of a built Plastic Panzers late M10 that I custom built for a private collector http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/armor-mech-weapons-division/17710-m10-commission-build.html. After the client received the model, he added his own weathering and crew...
  17. armourguy

SDKFZ 222 armored car project

Hi guys, about a year ago I acquired this unassembled M&C flat armor SDKFZ 222 armored car kit from another customizer in a trade. After I burned through some of my other projects I decided to grab this project and build it since it fits into the early war German armor series that I have fell...
  18. armourguy

Early M4A1 sherman tank turret Master project

Hi Guys, I was contacted my Tim to work on the turret for the upcoming BG early M4A1 sherman kit. For The project I started with a stock JD Late M4A3 style rotomold turret and had to back date it to early specs. To back date the turret I had to delete the loaders hatch location, Lower...
  19. armourguy

Maybach HL230 w.Cyclone air filter Project

Hi Guys, In between working on the PZII I crafted and tooled up the parts for the Cyclone air filtration system for the Maybach HL-230 P45. This type of engine would have been used on the King Tiger and most Panthers. All of the masters and the molds are complete. the engine is almost...
  20. armourguy

Panzer II Project

Hi Guys, with the Tiger I now finished and access to a clean workshop I have started my next build which will be this DML Panzer II ausf.B kit. After a complex all scratch build model like the last tiger, I choose this vehicle as a simple quick build. I had this kit in storage for about a year...
Back