• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. hankco1942

HBT assistance?

I have found a lot through the years, even in scale wize and the right color, in thrift shop shirts. pay almost nothing, cut em up.
  2. hankco1942

Sgt Zang steel helmets

We don't really make them anymore but there is a limited supply still in stock. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do!
  3. hankco1942

Good color for US leather holsters?

There is a shoe repair shop nearby, was able to pick up a bottle of Fiebings leather dye there - I chose "Cordovan" which of course is a color familiar to WW2 collectors, reddish brown. It is easy to use and I have even been able to touch up a few shoes. By the way, Sgt. Doggy remains my...
  4. hankco1942

New DiD German Desk & Chair & Desktop Accessories Set.

Is this the start of a series? Great desks and office supplies from WW2?;)
  5. hankco1942

Question, about the color of US army's wool service trousers

The last picture is a good representation of the real thing on my screen!!! The early "chocolate mix" DML trousers are not the best choice , later ones are better if lighter. The absolute best match I ever saw (caveat I have not bought abything in a year or more) was the old 21st Century toys...
  6. hankco1942

New DML Head

I thought that German yellow eyeshadow should have gold flecks ?:D:D:D
  7. hankco1942

Where are the US army leggings?

Some old pics, Army and USMC:
  8. hankco1942

No longer guilty of not finishing

if you are going to take the time, at least you get the results!!!!!!
  9. hankco1942

Rubberized Assault Gas Mask Bag

I made this many years ago , it is made from light cotton muslin fabric permeated with black tool dip. From mid 2001. Missing a couple of pictures. Original AOL website text follows. U. S. Army World War Two Assault Gas Mask Bag Everyone expected the Second World War to be marked by...
  10. hankco1942

Am i the only one guilty of this?

Guilty. I have my own projects, some of which take years, then I have everything in the house that needs to be repaired, from electronics to jewelery clasps, and like most once one hobby slows down another speeds up - rewinding guitar pickups, lacquer finishing... Probably one of the reasons...
  11. hankco1942

US Army WW2 Mountain Rucksack in 1/6

I appreciate the kind comments! I wonder why I don't have enough time todo projects like this now - and how I had time to do them then!!!
  12. hankco1942

And Some Pictures of the Frame, starting with a very dated pose:
  13. hankco1942

Fund another pile of pics with "how To" detail. First is a series about the roller buckles - all hand made. Finished: Start with some brass channel:
  14. hankco1942

Close Shave - US Personal Gear

More apologies, even more OLD projects!!! Made this lot for a SAG contest. I remember this photo, rainy day, mushy backyard, concrete paver background - Brass razor ( looking back, looks like a ROUGH shave LOL), handtowel, shaving brush, a pocket mirror of polished metal, and a "Molle"...
  15. hankco1942

US Cartridge Belt - the Quest.

In the late 90's I really got into US gear, starting with 1/6th then expanding to 1/1 and making 1/6th versions. An interesting ride. Very early I did cartidge belts - Making my own buckles and parts, mostly using cloth. I finally achieved what I wanted by making one entirely out of webbing...
  16. hankco1942

WW2 Gascapes : Tommy's Pakamak .

I have no idea how I missed this originally, what a wonderful project! I love the odd bits!!
  17. hankco1942

Soldier Story U.S. Marine Corps M1917A1 Machine Gunner TARAWA 1943

LOL I yield, I am too Army centric and never coughed up the dough for Grunt Gear !!!!!:D
  18. hankco1942

U.S. Satchel Charge in 1/6

I wasn't able to find my original posts on this topic, so restoring the pictures on this thread. Made 2 types of satchel charges and a TNT pack, here's the first: With another kind of load: Only immediate comment is that I was able to get a real bag a year after I made these and it...
  19. hankco1942

How To Make a US BAR Belt in 1/6th (Part1) + PICS

Re: How To Make a US BAR Belt in 1/6th (Part3) At this point I wavered and the original text becomes sparse. So we'll let the pictures do the talking. We'll start with the construction of the main pocket backer sections which include fabric printing. Once the design was established and...
  20. hankco1942

How To Make a US BAR Belt in 1/6th (Part1) + PICS

Re: How To Make a US BAR Belt in 1/6th (Part2) Step Three: Flaps Heavily starched webbing is cut, the very tip is folded back and glued with fabric-tac, then the corners are folded and glued. Then, slowly and using the hand wheel of the sewing machine, the flaps are sewn down giving the...
Back