• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. andy101506

21st century stuart tank issues??

Well, I just finished unpacking my collection after having them in storage for 4 years. They were stored indoors. -DML Kuble kit, completely unglued itself, built 10 years ago using Tamiya or model master glue. -DML flak 38 (pre built) few parts came apart, easily fixed with glue. -DML pak 38...
  2. andy101506

Anyone in Utah? (SLC)

Been out of the game for a while, still been buying figures, still have a couple AH 250's to build and my Grille Ausf H thats about 75% finished. My question is there anyone around the Salt Lake City area?
  3. andy101506

More of the 1KD

details are amazing, one of the best dioramas I have seen in a long time!
  4. andy101506

New 1/6 Scale MAX TOYS ARMY WWII Tanker Action Figure Clothes & Accessories

No the grips of his pistol actually were a clear plastic that had a picture of his wife in them, which was a known to be done by soldiers at the time. I have a wonderful picture from a friends collection of a family picture in the grip of a 1911 carried by an officer. The little touches like...
  5. andy101506

Re Release of DML 1/4 ton

Thank god, any word from distributors when they might get them in?
  6. andy101506

11th ABN Division Trooper - Japan 1945

overall great job, just two little points of inaccuracy. First, the position of the jump wings and CIB should be switched as back in the 1940s airborne wings was a higher rated badge than the CIB. Today the CIB is higher than jump wings Second, the service stripes should be on the left arm...
  7. andy101506

Preview Toys City's New Afrika Korps Fallschirmjager Set

I really like their stuff too, that sucks, I guess we really are in the death throws of the WWII 1/6 scale.
  8. andy101506

Newline miniatures

I am also in desperate need of some mustard wool sets. So Graham if your monitoring, could you please contact me as well?
  9. andy101506

Whats the status of the 1/6 world?

I wasn't aware of a huge 1/6th scale presence on FB. what are some of the world war two related pages? This might be a reason for me to finally get a FB page
  10. andy101506

Armortek StuG III Ausf.G 1/6

this thing looked so real I had to make sure I was in the right thread. well done
  11. andy101506

ARNHEM - Airborne Assault

awesome display
  12. andy101506

Sixth Scale Icons Update !

Loic, I think it is awesome that you are dealing with such a complicated acquisitions with diligence and respect to the customer. I look forward to buying one of your RC beast as some as my disposable income returns.
  13. andy101506

First teaser of Dragon's latest 1/6 Action Figure

Re: DML supposedly making a new tanker figure... Head sculpt looks like a improvement, I do hope that this is a prototype do to the outdated uniform and equipment shown. I absolutely hate DML's old mustard wool trousers. Thier newer pattern stuff is ok. If DML can bring this to bear for under...
  14. andy101506

Fury - Now including spoilers. Don't read if you don't want to read spoilers

Re: Fury Yes in reality 300 infantry would have made short work of a stationary tank. But the story called for an epic last stand. Nor would they had continually walked directly into the tanks line of fire but that scene was meant to be theatric. As Steve has said, no movie is going to...
  15. andy101506

My review of DiD's "WH Infantry Captian, Stalingrad 1942"

It has been years since I have purchased a new release DiD figure. The last new release I purchased was the Ralph Finnes SS Haumpsturmfurher. I really loved this figure. I thought everything on that figure was well executed. Uniform, officers peaked cap, leather coat, and the infamous sporting...
  16. andy101506

Munich 1945

cool figure I like it, is that BGT web equipment?
  17. andy101506

Re: Fury Really dude, I thought operation Torch was conducted in northern Europe... Although operation torch was a part of the North African Campaign, it was still in the Mediterranean theatre of operations. Please stop your history lesson as I consider it condescending as I am...
  18. andy101506

Re: Fury By the way guys I saw the movie this afternoon and in my opinion it is one of the best if not the best war films ever made. I highly recommend go seeing it. I went in with low expectations (Inglorious bastards) but was blown away.
  19. andy101506

Re: Fury I know when torch was, and I know when the war started, what I was trying to convey is that since torch was the first operation that U.S. troops conducted in the European theatre that it would not be strange that he has old school cav boots since he had been fighting since the...
  20. andy101506

Re: Fury I hope DiD makes a Bradd Pitt Fury figure, hell I wouldn't even mind the Cav boots as his character in the movie is a pre-war vet who's been fighting since torch. I just got my Thomas Kretschmann, Ralph Finnes and Ed Harris figures are also in my collection I would love to have Bradd...
Back