• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. R

Leichter Panzerspähwagen Sd.Kfz.222 Ausf B, 5 series

Leichter Panzerspähwagen Sd.Kfz.222 Ausf B, 5 series This is my Armortek Sd.Kfz.222 which has been rebuilt and repainted to represent a vehicle from the Aufklärungs-Abteilung of 2. Panzer Division. December 1943 2.Panzer Division was withdrawn from Russia to France for refitting the...
  2. R

Inside the Chieftains hatch: Panther A

Inside the Chieftains hatch: Panther A Panther perverts will find these films interesting as they show the inside of the Littlefield Panther A, there are a few features of this restoration which are incorrect such as the zimmerit in the M.A.N pattern as opposed to the correct M.N.H pattern, the...
  3. R

1/6 scale Armortek Panther hits a mine

This is 2 pictures of a series of pictures showing a mine explosion in front of a 1/6 scale Armortek Panther owned by Tim Page, the pictures were taken at Panzermuseum Munster during the Pfingsten weekend event, permission to use Pyroes at the museum was obtained and conducted in a controlled...
  4. R

Armortek Leichter Panzerspähwagen Sd.Kfz.222 rebuild

A few months ago I bought a second-hand 1/6 scale Armortek Leichter Panzerspähwagen Sd.Kfz.222 the rebuild will be done in two parts first will be the Fahrgestell second will be the Panzeraufbau this will include the Turm and 2cm Flak 38. Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures of the...
  5. R

die Werkstatt parts

Some time back I bought a few items from die Werkstatt range these come from Lee Sellers at Newthorpe models in Nottingham http://www.newthorpemodels.co.uk/ the parts consist of German small oil can, 5ltr Benzene can both damaged and undamaged, 5ltr oil can and the crew heaters complete with...
  6. R

1/6 Kettenkrad RC Conversion

The Kettenkrad RC project has been going for a few weeks it’s just waiting for some speed controllers for its first test run then on to the front end, for the track pins I used 2mm nails. The base kit comes from Dragon I wouldn’t use a built Kettenkrad to convert pulling it apart will cause too...
  7. R

Tiger Kommandantensitz

Easter Time I decided to sell my much loved Tiger and the new owner asked me to make the commanders seat from brass as the resin one was weak and broke a few times, Steve asked me to make the seat fully-functioning so I set about completely re-making the commanders seat from brass the top seat...
  8. R

1/6 scale E100

1/6 scale E100 Probably the most ambitious scratch build to date Christian is in the process of building an E100 with Maus turret in 1/6 scale, the E100 will be built from steel and the projected weight is about 430 Kg it will use x4 electric motors to drive the tank which will produce about...
  9. R

Kübelwagen rubber tyres

A few weeks ago I received some rubber tyres for my RC Kübelwagen projects, I just need to have the wheels made and complete the rest of the Kübelwagen, the tyres were supplied by Attila who I have to thank for making these for me.
  10. R

Otto Carius

Otto Carius With a heavy heart I hear that Otto passed away 24/1/2015, last year I was lucky enough to obtain a signed copy of “Tiger im Schlam” direct from the man himself he was still working 2 days a week and very much aware of everything...
  11. R

Panther 75mm Pz.gr 39 KwK42

Panther 75mm Pz.gr 39 KwK42 Some time back I bought a few Dragon Panther rounds which I was not very happy with least ways not the round the casing was fine so armed with a set of Vernier’s I measured the 75mm KwK42 rounds at Munster both HE and AP types the made them from alloy the pictures...
  12. R

RC tank live firing film

I filmed this recently at Munster the tanks are in 1/8 and 1/5 scale the flame you will see exiting the barrel of the Jagdpanther is over 1meter long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtxAqLV1R5Y&list=UUhoHEcFUELzGZsRSFLT7Lcg
  13. R

Maus to be restored

Our Kameraden at World of Tanks are sponsoring the renovation to running order of the Maus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O56OvuIQ7w
  14. R

Decals

Over the last 2 years I have been looking for Kübelwagen and Schwimmwagen decals, alas no one makes them in 1/6 scale I have e-mailed Monkey Depot 4-5 times over the last 18 months asking if they will release the Johns Stuff range again unfortunately they haven’t had the respect to reply. Over...
  15. R

Paper Panzers

A friend from Belgium has just hosted a new website http://www.paperpanzer.com/ this solely deals with all things related to Paper Panzers be it incomplete or never past the drawing board the site is mainly 1/35 to a very high standard of detail but if you have an interest in any of these tanks...
  16. R

Kurt (Panzer) Meyer

This is my Dam Toys Kurt Meyer makeover, what I have wanted is a Normandy 44 representation of Meyer, when I first saw the Dam Toys figure I was both pleased and disappointed, the figure looked good with a fair representation with the head sculpt but the M44 Pea dot uniform was wrong, recently...
  17. R

Total disrespect

It seems that to some people there is no limit to the levels they will go to insult Remembrance Day, there is no excuse for this type of behaviour BBC News - Brad Pitt director sorry for Nazi Remembrance Day shoot
  18. R

Remembrance day

In remembrance of all our fallen They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them. Last Post Menin Gate Ypres Menin Gate Last Post - YouTube Ich hatte einen...
  19. R

1/6 decals

Around 12 months ago a question was asked if “Johns Stuff” decals would again be re-released the answer to this was that they would since then we have had 1 set of white stars 1 set for the Kettenkrad 1 set for the 250/251 and for some reason 4 sets for the Stug not that I’m complaining but it...
  20. R

ADOLF - Ich hock' in meinem Bonker

Just watch this it’s probably new to most ADOLF - Ich hock' in meinem Bonker (DE) - YouTube Want to know more ADOLF - Trailer (ENG) - YouTube Adolf the Film ADOLF-online - ADOLF needs your money!
Back