• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. J

3rd Canadian Infantry Division ETO 1944/45 Canadian Army Chaplain Service.

Not yet, neighbour was totally uncooperative, had no interest in the project, seems he had a problem with me levelling his garage. I did tell him he could park in the Nave, but still he said no, unbelievable! Geoff
  2. J

Hello Fred Figure is my eBay guy, does sales mostly, he's a little perturbed right now as I sold his previous chair and he's not impressed. Geoff
  3. J

Added a few more details. British Brodie Helmet Carrier Officers type. My version, had to make a few artistic changes as some materials just weren't available last night. Used tape for the straps and cigarette cardboard for the main part. Also added some glasses as...
  4. J

Royal Winnipeg Rifle Regiment, 7th Brigade, 3rd CID ETO 1944/45 2" Mortar man

Re: Royal Winnipeg Rifle Regiment, 7th Brigade, 3rd CID ETO 1944/45 2" Mortar man You are sort of correct. Only the units that landed in the initial assault wave were equipped with the Mk.III. Reinforcement personnel were not necessarily issued a Mk.III either so that later one will find a...
  5. J

Boots are from DiD British John Colman
  6. J

3rd Canadian Infantry Division ETO 1944/45 Canadian Army Chaplain Service. Geoff
  7. J

Royal Winnipeg Rifle Regiment, 7th Brigade, 3rd CID ETO 1944/45 2" Mortar man

Royal Winnipeg Rifle Regiment, 7th Brigade, 3rd Canadian Infantry Division ETO 1944/45 2" Mortar man. Dragon Body and HS, DiD BDU, DiD Mk.II Helmet with netting and Field Dressing, DiD M43 Boots modified to Canadian High Tops painted black, BBi Socks, Modified and painted BBi webbing set c/w...
  8. J

Upcoming Shows in Ontario Canada 2016 Well the ones I'm going to anyways.

Hello With the ongoing effort to keep the business alive, CrusaderXXX, Captain Action and myself plan to make pilgrimages to the OMSS and SOMM meets this summer in Ontario. Hopefully our club wench will attend again this year and CrusaderXXX is still on those heavy meds so he should be as...
  9. J

British Wireless Set 38 MKII kit made of various resins.

Would anyone be interested in a British Wireless Set 38 MKII kit made of various resins. Set would include, WS38 body, face, cage, Junction Box, plugs, headset parts, basically all the BBi parts less the canvas and wires. Should be able to supply pictures and measurements for canvas, wire and...
  10. J

Question on US telephones

Hello Dutchman I think I'll buy an EE89-A Repeater and have it copied and cast, it will cost less and hasn't been done yet. Thanks for the reply. Geoff
  11. J

Question on US telephones

Question on US telephones Does anyone know if there is a US type telephone available? Something like an EE-8? Geoff
  12. J

M5 Stuart Recce Irish Guards ETO 1944/45

Unit sign and Divisional insignia are painted, actually everything is painted except the WD number. Umbrella is the one from the DiD Nazzi. Geoff
  13. J

M5 Stuart Recce Irish Guards ETO 1944/45

M5 Stuart Recce Irish Guards ETO 1944/45 Sold the M5 Recce to a fellow in New York USA and I am doing some upgrades before it ships. Original vehicle as modified by PzWest, only addition was a set of Armorpax metal tracks. The tracks weigh more than the tank. Some of the modifications...
  14. J

American SCR-508 Radio, can anyone offer some info on this set?

An American friend has bought my 1/6th scale M3A1 Halftrack and has commissioned me to make some modification to it. One of the items to be added is an American SCR-508 Radio, as I'm not familiar with US wireless sets can anyone offer some info on this set i.e. colour, finish, installation in...
  15. J

Reworked Sherman Firefly Ic

Yes it is surprising what an ugly duckling can turn into. Actually a lot of the credit should go to PanzerWerks, Armourpax and East Coast Armouries for helping construct this model, without them it WOULD NOT have been possible. We need to directly support these fellows or things like this will...
  16. J

Base was a Viper M4, everything except the lower hull, upper hull and turret was scrapped, PZ did the initial work and I reworked anything I thought was incorrect or not up to snuff. Panzerwerks, Armourpax and East Coast Armouries supplied most of the detail parts, (DIRECT PURCHASE!) and PZ or...
  17. J

Reworked Sherman Firefly Ic Rebuilt the first Sherman Ic over the last couple of months. Removed and remounted the trucks at the correct height, fabricated adjustable idler mounts, disassembled the tracks, painted the individual parts and reassembled with DUCKBILLS.(PZ) Reworked the backend...
  18. J

Some of Captain Action's video from JC's

Tiger http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6391/n5c.mp4 JC
  19. J

Some of Captain Action's video from JC's

Some of Captain Action's video. Camera was exceptionally small, takes a good image, but had to be converted from Quicktime. http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2076/f23n.mp4 http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6079/1l0.mp4 JC
Back