• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. J

3rd Canadian Infantry Division ETO 1944/45 Canadian Army Chaplain Service.

3rd Canadian Infantry Division ETO 1944/45 Canadian Army Chaplain Service. Geoff
  2. J

Royal Winnipeg Rifle Regiment, 7th Brigade, 3rd CID ETO 1944/45 2" Mortar man

Royal Winnipeg Rifle Regiment, 7th Brigade, 3rd Canadian Infantry Division ETO 1944/45 2" Mortar man. Dragon Body and HS, DiD BDU, DiD Mk.II Helmet with netting and Field Dressing, DiD M43 Boots modified to Canadian High Tops painted black, BBi Socks, Modified and painted BBi webbing set c/w...
  3. J

Upcoming Shows in Ontario Canada 2016 Well the ones I'm going to anyways.

Hello With the ongoing effort to keep the business alive, CrusaderXXX, Captain Action and myself plan to make pilgrimages to the OMSS and SOMM meets this summer in Ontario. Hopefully our club wench will attend again this year and CrusaderXXX is still on those heavy meds so he should be as...
  4. J

British Wireless Set 38 MKII kit made of various resins.

Would anyone be interested in a British Wireless Set 38 MKII kit made of various resins. Set would include, WS38 body, face, cage, Junction Box, plugs, headset parts, basically all the BBi parts less the canvas and wires. Should be able to supply pictures and measurements for canvas, wire and...
  5. J

Question on US telephones

Question on US telephones Does anyone know if there is a US type telephone available? Something like an EE-8? Geoff
  6. J

M5 Stuart Recce Irish Guards ETO 1944/45

M5 Stuart Recce Irish Guards ETO 1944/45 Sold the M5 Recce to a fellow in New York USA and I am doing some upgrades before it ships. Original vehicle as modified by PzWest, only addition was a set of Armorpax metal tracks. The tracks weigh more than the tank. Some of the modifications...
  7. J

American SCR-508 Radio, can anyone offer some info on this set?

An American friend has bought my 1/6th scale M3A1 Halftrack and has commissioned me to make some modification to it. One of the items to be added is an American SCR-508 Radio, as I'm not familiar with US wireless sets can anyone offer some info on this set i.e. colour, finish, installation in...
  8. J

Reworked Sherman Firefly Ic

Reworked Sherman Firefly Ic Rebuilt the first Sherman Ic over the last couple of months. Removed and remounted the trucks at the correct height, fabricated adjustable idler mounts, disassembled the tracks, painted the individual parts and reassembled with DUCKBILLS.(PZ) Reworked the backend...
  9. J

Some of Captain Action's video from JC's

Some of Captain Action's video. Camera was exceptionally small, takes a good image, but had to be converted from Quicktime. http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2076/f23n.mp4 http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6079/1l0.mp4 JC
  10. J

Gatineau Train Expo January 2012

Gatineau Train Expo January 2012 Spent the weekend attending the Gatineau Train Expo. It was at a Car Dealership Mont Bleu Ford, we had about 2/3 of a pretty large showroom. Friendly show, not huge, as usual we were the odd man out, boys with dolls and really cool vehicles. Borrowed a P 40...
  11. J

Laval Train and Toy Show March 31 & April 1, 2012

Laval Train and Toy Show March 31 & April 1, 2012 General Specific and I attended the Laval Show last fall, the organizer Didier Peitte was very enthusiastic and asked us to return for the spring Show and do a massive dio/presentation, Jean Claude of Montreal 1/16th gave the impression that I...
  12. J

US troops Pangaloss Shoot. October 2011

US troops Pangaloss Shoot. October 2011 JC
  13. J

Need help shipping a Fuller Phone from California to Canada

Need help shipping a Fuller Phone from California to Canada. Volunteers? California resident is best, will pay all costs. geofftruscott @ rogers.com (close the spaces on the @ sign) Geoff
  14. J

Expo-Train-Modelisme Show in Laval, Quebec Fall 2011

Some pictures from the Laval, Quebec Expo-Train-Modelisme Show last weekend. We were invited by the 1/16th Montreal RC guys to put on a joint effort 1/6th scale display for the Fall Show. Only Johnny Canuck and General Specific were available so the display was a little on the light side, but...
  15. J

M3A4 Utility Hand Cart

Found this, thought it might be of interest. Never seen these carts, lots of pictures and info re same. M3A4 Utility Hand Cart JC
  16. J

Chapter 25

Chapter 25 Some vehicles. The Sherman Firefly Ic crew. The Firefly The Recce Stuart with new tracks. Upper shelf. Staghound. DML Jeep Taowan M3 Scout Car Jack MkI Killan M3 Halftrack Royal Canadian Engineers. Jack MkII Sgt. Steve...
  17. J

Wireless Set No.19 MkII USA Lend Lease tank installation kit.

I've sort of become fascinated with the Signals mainly with the usual Canuck slant. I've been picking up odd WS stuff for a year or two now and have come across some interesting communication items. I bought a partial WS19 MkII USA Lend-Lease tank installation for say a Sherman or pretty much...
  18. J

Oshawa Military Vehicle Show

Oshawa Military Vehicle Show Some vehicles at the OMV Show C60 6x6 Chevrolet Wrecker Jeeps Bantam to Itis Data plates post war jeep Chevrolet FAT, limber and 25 pdr. Chevrolet C15 4x4 Wireless truck. 1940's Seatbelt or 'Holy Shit Hold...
  19. J

Joint Photo Shoot with Montreal RC Group

Joint Photo Shoot with Montreal RC Group I realise most might not be able to get up to Canada, but you never know.............so. Last Spring at the Ottawa Military Show General Specific, Snafu and I met up with Major Tom and the fellows from Montreal RC. After the Show Major Tom and...
  20. J

More OMSS Show pics.

More OMSS Show pics. Once again the Ontario Model Soldier Society Show at the Old Fort York was a pleasure to attend. Attendance was a little on the light side as Toronto was hosting a number of events and activities last weekend which drew off the crowds. The weather was a little unsettled but...
Back