• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Leatherneck

Death in Paradise,Peleliu44, new dio.

The issue with their declining use in 1944 is really three reasons 1) they were expensive and time consuming to make. 2) they were heavier (i.e. hotter) than the green HBT utilities. 3) Cloth rotted in in the PTO / wore out quickly in the jungle and coral islands on which Marines fought...
  2. Leatherneck

The way Peter has kitted these Marines out, they belong on Iwo Jima. It's really the only place that was cold enough for a field jacket (battle was fought in February, mostly) for any of the major battles of WWII in which the Marines fought as large units.
  3. Leatherneck

Vietnam - A VC Ambush

Good dio - I like the poses,and the figures look decent. :!: The Marine with the CAR-15 and the headband are more out of a 1980's movie about Vietnam than reality, though.
  4. Leatherneck

A Little Blast from 1982

Outstanding group of Marines! :!: I remember watching the Falklands unfold on CNN when I was 14, chomping at the bit to get out of school and into the U.S. Marines. 16 years later, I was serving with Royal Marines in the Med.
  5. Leatherneck

Clearing out the Spider Holes.

Cool dio! Really nailed it. :!:
  6. Leatherneck

Lee Marvin sculpt and finished figure.

Right out of "Big Red One" - fantastic!
  7. Leatherneck

Fantastic dio, Peter! I think it's spot on for Iwo Jima. For Peleliu, I would have gone for "green-side-out" helmet covers, no leggings, no field jackets, and white coral rock. The temperature was +100° F. Sweat and salt stains would have been profuse. Nonetheless, it's more than I have...
  8. Leatherneck

Vietnam - A US Patrol in Indian Country

Nice photo shoot! The grass mimics the elephant grass well. A mix of covers has more Hollywood than reality, unless you are trying to portray poor unit discipline suffered by the army at the end of the war. Look around on the web, and find a copy of an army FM on small unit security patrols...
  9. Leatherneck

Tribute to those who will remain forever young....

Great Memorial Day tribute!
  10. Leatherneck

Transport officer

Ausgezeichnet - schoen gemacht! :!:
  11. Leatherneck

Ragnar Lothbruk, Vikings, sculpt.

That's bang-on, Peter - really cool! How do you plan to do all of the little scalp tattoos?
  12. Leatherneck

60mm Mortar Crew Battle of Hürtgen Forest

This is cool. Don't see enough mortarmen dios.
  13. Leatherneck

WWII Marine flamethrower

Wow! Glad someone gave this a bump. I missed it the first time around. It really looks great. If you can, shift his pose so that he's leaning into it a little bit. The blast would knock him down the way that you have him standing.
  14. Leatherneck

New Dio - WIP

After seeing that, and taking a second look, that makes more sense. I think the dark "compass needle" is just and artifact of the photographic technology of the time. Thanks for posting pics of all this. If nothing else, it confirms my conclusion that I would not have made a good artillery...
  15. Leatherneck

'Nam Marine Squad Update

All-in-all, they look great. You've really done a good job. There's some minor details that don't ring true for line company grunts in the Marines: the red bandana and the head band on the sergeant. Not in my Marine Corps. That poor discipline belongs in a Charlie Sheen movie. (I know that...
  16. Leatherneck

New Dio - WIP

The only thing it could possibly be is a compass with big numbers so that you could read it fast. I have enough 75mm pack howitzers for a Marine battery, and plan to do a pacific dio someday. Biggest roadblock has been the FDC. Where did you get / how did you make the gear that you posted...
  17. Leatherneck

Difficult conversation (Caucasus 1942)

This is one of the most perfectly posed multi-figure dios that I have seen. Outstanding job.
  18. Leatherneck

Gebirgsjager Radio Operator

Nice job - I like what you did with him.
  19. Leatherneck

Completed Hanyang type 88 rifle

You're quick kit-bashes look like something that I would work on for months. Great job!
  20. Leatherneck

We all have our favorite figure...

Some great figures posted already. I agree, this is a tough choice to make. My favorite figure is my 2010 bash of The Punisher: A runner-up would be my my bash of a rifleman from 2/5 in Hue during the Tet Offensive of 1968: My favorite WWII figures are a tie between these three: PFC...
Back