• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Leatherneck

WWII USMC / PTO overview...since Gary asked.

Gary, thanks for allowing me the opportunity to do this. I've been wanting to gather up all of these links for some time. Here are links to what I have posted on SAG. Obviously, 2006 was my most productive year. Hope you enjoy... 2006...
  2. Leatherneck

Custom 1/6 U.S. Rifles - Cesar Dubon

Fellow hobbyist and Marine, Cesar Dubon, has been putting together some limited edition items for U.S. Army and Marine figures from the Spanish American War through early (think China, Philippines, Wake Island, Pearl Harbor) WWII. The first of his planned offerings are now ready for sale. You...
  3. Leatherneck

Brute: The Life of Victor Krulak

I just finished Robert Coram's biography of Marine general Brute Krulak entitled Brute: The Life of Victor Krulak, U.S. Marine. The book covers issues from WWII through Vietnam, and is an illuminating read. I don't idolize the general by any means, but his impact on history is nothing short...
  4. Leatherneck

Stuck in Camp for Christmas

A little dio of Christmas in the company hard back rec tent with some Marines of the 4th Div in 1944 at Camp Maui, Hawaii: Merry Christmas, SAG!
  5. Leatherneck

Punisher 2010

Finally finished this figure after working on him on and off since February. I'm pretty happy with the result. Special thanks to Peter the Painter for doing the head sculpt for me. The body is a BBi G3 with sombody's bendy hands. The parts are from just about everybody. I've been...
  6. Leatherneck

Scout Sniper Team BLT 3/2, 1998

Here's a project that I've been working on for a while: A USMC Scout Sniper team from the late 1990's. This team represents one deployed with the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable). Here are a couple of outdoor shots: Some people have garden gnomes, but I...
  7. Leatherneck

Found a You Tube Video of a 1/6 Scale AH-1_ Super Cobra

Found this while searching for a smaller model on eBay - couldn't believe it: You Tube Video of 1:6 AH-1 Super Cobra The guy only wants a mere $5500 for it in case you have some money in your 1:6 war chest. ;)
  8. Leatherneck

Sgt Roebuck, 1st Marines, 1st MarDiv, Peleliu Sept, 1944

Over the Holidays, I got hooked on Call of Duty - World at War and I came across a Soldier Story headsculpt that I thought bore some resemblance to the game's Sgt Roebuck character. This bash is my interpretation of the character: Fan's of the game will note that I didn't make his...
  9. Leatherneck

Return to Friendly Lines, Chapter 10 - The Counter Attack

Author’s note: Our tale of Bougainville comes to a conclusion… For those not familiar with the earlier chapters, this story is loosely set against the battle for Bougainville, an island in the Solomon chain, northeast of Australia. Bouganville lies at the “Top of the Ladder” and was one of...
  10. Leatherneck

Return to Friendly Lines, Chapter 9 - They're Flanking!

Author’s note: Our tale of Bougainville continues… For those not familiar with the earlier chapters, this story is loosely set against the battle for Bougainville, an island in the Solomon chain, northeast of Australia. Bouganville lies at the “Top of the Ladder” and was one of the last...
  11. Leatherneck

Return to Friendly Lines, Chapter 8 - Contact!

Author’s note: Our tale of Bougainville continues… For those not familiar with the earlier chapters, this story is loosely set against the battle for Bougainville, an island in the Solomon chain, northeast of Australia. Bouganville lies at the “Top of the Ladder” and was one of the last...
  12. Leatherneck

Return to Freindly Lines, Chapter 7 - The Ambush

13. Leatherneck

Return to Friendly Lines – Chapter 6: The Link-up

Author’s note: Our tale of Bougainville continues… For those not familiar with the earlier chapters, this story is loosely set against the battle for Bougainville, an island in the Solomon chain, northeast of Australia. Bougainville lies at the “Top of the Ladder” and was one of the last...
  14. Leatherneck

Return to Friendly Lines, Chapter 5 - The Piva Trail

Author’s note: This story continues the project that I left off three years ago. (Funny how real life can get in the way of hobbies sometimes.) For those not familiar with the earlier chapters, this story is loosely set against the battle for Bougainville, an island in the Solomon chain...
  15. Leatherneck

HT TrueType 38 Bodies?

Apologies if this has been covered, but my search came up with too many hits to be useful. Are the new (? - I've been more or less out of the hobby for the past couple of years) HT TrueType 38 bodies really a substantial improvement over what BBi, DML, and DiD had been giving us? Do the heads...
  16. Leatherneck

New book out on the recon of Iwo Jima

Today I got a copy of Col. Dick Camp's new book, Iwo Jima Recon - The U.S. Navy at War, Feb 17, 1945 For those interested in the PTO, or who were considering buying it, I think it's pretty good. A lot of interesting reference material including a color photo of a 1:10,000 scale topographic...
  17. Leatherneck

Rifleman - 2dBn, 5th Marines - Hue City, Tet Offensive 1968

In Februrary of 1968, the North Vietnamese Army and Viet Cong launched a series of surprise attacks throughout Vietnam during the onset of the Vitenamese New Year holiday know as Tet. The 5th Marine Regiment soon found itself in the middle of an urban battle to retake the ancient Vietnamese...
  18. Leatherneck

Return to Friendly Lines, Chapter 4: The Jungle (Many Pics)

Author’s note: The tale of Bougainville continues. The previous chapters can be seen here: Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 The story is loosely set against the battle for Bougainville, an island in the Solomon chain, northeast of Australia. I chose to leave the Japanese ranks in English...
  19. Leatherneck

Return to Friendly Lines, Chapter 3: The Aviator

Author’s note: This is a continuation of Bougainville story (chapter 3 of 10). The previous chapters can be seen here: Chapter 1, Chapter 2 The story is loosely set against the battle for Bougainville, an island northeast of Australia, across the Coral Sea, in the Solomon chain at the...
  20. Leatherneck

Grunt Gear - finally got it!

This is so cool that I had to steal JTFazz's banana dance! After a year long back order, the Marine Corps Association's bookstore came through like heroes today: They had Alec S. Tulkoff's definitive work Grunt Gear reprinted, and I got mine in the mail today. This book is so cool, that I...
Back