• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. gebirgsjager6thss

Second Figure Of My New Collection.........

Here is the second figure of my new collection. I wish I could remember all the SAG members who made him possible,you know who you are, and I send you all a big thank you. He is a 1st Lt of the 5th Gebirgs Division. The figure survived the fire but his uniform did not,I believe he was a member...
  2. gebirgsjager6thss

MG Gunner 6th SS Nord......

Hello all, I have not been on SAG for awhile. When my house burned down and took almost all my figures and vehicles I went into a deep depression and took a break from the 1/6th world. Thanks to a few great SAG members who have helped me try to start my collection again I am finally getting back...
  3. gebirgsjager6thss

DML Panzer Question......

Hello all, I have a question for those of you who purchased the DML Panzer II. I have not seen many any pictures posted about the tank and was wondering if those of you who bought it regretted it since there have not been many posts about it. Also,I would like some info and maybe pictures of the...
  4. gebirgsjager6thss

A Cool New Item.........

I saw this on BBC America News last night and did a search. Here is the site: MakerBot Industries - Robots That Make Things. If this thing works like they say it will open up a whole new era in 1/6th. Want a certain German arty piece butno one makes it? Just whip this little gizmo out and...
  5. gebirgsjager6thss

Bellona Distribution Question........

Hello all, Can anyone tell me if Bellona Distribution is still around? They had some of the best prices around. If anyone knows,please let me know. GJ
  6. gebirgsjager6thss

What To Watch This Weekend......

Just a heads-up. For those of you with class (just a joke) this Saturday they will be showing the Breeders Cup Classic horse race featuring the greatest horse I have seen,ZENYATTA. She will be trying to go for a record and end her carrer with a undefeated 20 and 0 record. It will be shown on...
  7. gebirgsjager6thss

2.8cm sPzB41 Question........

First here is a link: http://www.cyber-hobby.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=2499 My sPzB41 kind of survived the fire,one broken wheel,but I think something is missing. I cannot get the legs attached and I do not know if Iam doing something wrong or if a piece is missing. Does...
  8. gebirgsjager6thss

Update......

As some of you know,on Sept 8th my house burned down and I lost about everything I owned. Well,we FINNALLY found a place to live,we had to rent a place,it was taking too long to buy a place as the motel was sucking us dry. Thanks to my brother in laws family and the Red Cross,we have furniture...
  9. gebirgsjager6thss

Help With Fire Damage........

Hi guys, As most of you know,I lost everything when my house burned last week. Well,I went into it today and I found between 6 to 10 heads that were not destroyed but they are black from the smoke. Does anyone know what might take the black off without removing the paint? I need to keep the...
  10. gebirgsjager6thss

Well, I guess I am done..............

Hi all, Well, I guess I am thru with 1/6th collecting. Wednesday, my house burned down taking around 100 figures,2 250's,1 radio kubel,1 DAK kubel,1 ambulance kubel,2 Toy Model BMW's,1 21st Century BMW,1 DML DX DAK bike with rider and the Captain ,2 ketts,and my pride and joy,my Panther. The...
  11. gebirgsjager6thss

5th Gebirgsjager Sniper.........

This fellow was going to be a Stabsfeldwebel until I was told by many of you that if he was he would be a desk jockey,and I wanted a combat sniper. So,he is instead my serior most Seargent in the 5th Gebirgsjager and is also the most decorated. I decided to show him as he would look on leave...
  12. gebirgsjager6thss

6th SS Panzerschreck Operator........

I was not going to post many or any of my figures since they are just kit-bashes and most people do not respond to such posts but I was kind of proud of this one since I acually tried to paint. This is never a good idea but I think the helm came out pretty good.I was trying for a rusty whitewash...
  13. gebirgsjager6thss

My Kitty.....The Panther! New Pics Added........

Hello all again, Got rid of the old photos,they were rubbish,and took a few new ones. I hope they are what you guys were wanted because that Panther is NOT getting moved again. I think I broke my back and I did break one of the side skirts off. Sorry Wes,I hope you can fix it soon. The batteries...
  14. gebirgsjager6thss

Need Help Posting Pics..........

Hi guys, Iam having problems posting pictures. I even had a friend (THANKS JAMIE!) explain it to me and it still is not working. I have a Photo Bucket account with pics all ready to go,I just need help explaining how. I am kind of excited as this is the first time I have posted pics of my...
  15. gebirgsjager6thss

Gebirgsjager Feldgendarmerie Question......

What color Waffenfarbe did the Feldgendarmerie assigned to Gebirgsjager units wear? Brown or Green? GJ
  16. gebirgsjager6thss

5th GJ Question.....

Hi all, Very simple question. Did the soldiers of the 5th wear the cap Edelweiss with the unit badge or did they wear it in place of the Edelweiss? If they wore both,where did they place the unit badge? Hope to hear from someone on this, GJ
  17. gebirgsjager6thss

General Assault Badge Question.......

Hello everyone, Of all the German medals of WWII the General Assault Badge is the one that confuses me the most. Here is what Wiki says about it: "The General Assault Badge was awarded to personnel of the German army who were not in infantry or tank units during World War II. Instituted on 1...
  18. gebirgsjager6thss

New Site..............

Hello everyone, I Just found a pretty cool new site,at least I think so,and I thought it might help some others out there. Here is the link: http://webstats.ordersofbattle.darkscape.net/site/ww2/drleo/011_germany/symbols/_job-descriptions.html I have not seen it posted before and it has helped...
  19. gebirgsjager6thss

DRK Medic Question.....

Hi guys and gals, I have a question about the WWII DRK Medic uniform. I bought one from OJI (Old Joe Infirmary) and later was told by someone on SAG that it was the wrong color. I wrote to OJI asking for a refund and was told it was the right color This is their reply: "You have been told...
  20. gebirgsjager6thss

Make Up Of German Gebirgsjager Units.....

Hello all, Here I am again,hat in hand with more questions. I do not really have the vocabulary to ask this question properly so please bear with me. I am building up my 6th SS and Wehrmacht Gebirgsjager units and I need to know what the make up of the chain of command would be,the number of...
Back