• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. U

Dragon M4A3 build, help needed.

I'm building the Dragon M4A3 75mm and upon surveying the kit, one of the most glaring issues is a lack of cast texture. Does anyone have a technique for adding a good scale representation of this?
  2. U

Dragon M4A3 75mm

I'm building a Dragon M4 Sherman and was looking for the best techniques for adding cast texture to the turret. Thanks in advance.
  3. U

Reworking old GI Joe jeep trailer

Has anyone reworked the old GI Joe Five Star jeep trailer? I was wondering how it scaled out. Can it be reworked into a decent model without totally rebuilding it? I have three of them and while the jeep isn't worth reworking but trailer doesn't look too bad. All opinions are appreciated.
  4. U

US boxes and crates

My son is interested in doing another big "Joe War" like the one we did here. (only bigger, and we'll Shanghai the other one into helping) http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12332&highlight=Pacific+assault We're in the prep stage and one thing we need is ammo crates, grenade...
  5. U

US Navy uniforms

Anyone know a source for US navy WWII uniforms both dungarees and khakis. I bought a bunch of the DML "Sam Blake" and "Jack Sullivan" uni's for my sailors and naval officers. Now I need more and they're scarce. All suggestions short of sewing my own will be appreciated.
  6. U

HBO's the Pacific

Anyone here watching the mini-series "The Pacific". If so I'd like your impressions so far.
  7. U

Sprocket master help wanted

I'm having trouble figuring out how to scratchbuild the drive sprocket for my LVT's. Would anyone here be interested in building me one, PM me and let me know what you need and what you'd charge. Alternatively, if one of you scratchbuilding masters would like to walk me through the process, I'd...
  8. U

1:6 USMC reunion( You have HOW many?!!)

Please no, say it ain't so. If you and Leatherneck each made a company we could get together and have a battalion. ;)
  9. U

New DML Marine

Got an e-mail from DML yesterday showing their upcoming release of a Guadalcanal Marine BAR Gunner, "Lewis Wilson". The headsculpt looks like one of the characters from the upcoming HBO mini-series the "Pacific". I think the figure looks pretty good and will pick up a three or four, I'm always...
  10. U

Congrats to all.

All the entries are outstanding. I considered commenting on each but realized I don't have that much time. The one thing I am thankful for is that I didn't have to choose the winners. The moderators had a tough job indeed and did it well. Congratulations to the winners. Every figure entered is...
  11. U

NOVEMBER 10th

Counting down. 10 November and the Corps will be 234 years old. The Commandants birthday message got posted on YouTube this year. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Bicfc9dp0 and on Tuesday drink a toast to the Corps. Here's something else on what it is to be a Marine...
  12. U

Pacific Assault

O.K. as promised. On 30 Aug 2009 I had both sons on leave from the Marine Corps. They wanted to have a "Joe War" so we did. Unfortunately, it started to rain before we got too far into it, so we had to stop and put things up. They're both supposed to be home on leave at Christmas and the battle...
  13. U

Airbrush question.

I have a lot of vehicle/naval vessel painting I need to do. Instead of buying a blue million small bottles of model paint or a bunch of paint spray cans, I thought I'd try buying flat wall paint and have it tinted to the proper shade of OD or Navy Grey with computer color matching. The question...
  14. U

Info needed Military Tow Cable

I'm going to buy some small diameter steel cable from the local big box hardware store to make tow cables for my tracks and Stuarts. I think the real deal is about 3/4 inch in diameter or 1/8th inch in 1/6 scale. Anybody know if this is the correct diameter and does anyone know if they came in a...
  15. U

Marine Corps Infantry Company

The purpose of this thread is to answer questions raised in the thread "Marines Green Side Out Lotsa photos" without hijacking Tim's (pangaloss) thread. I know this sounds stupid, but I don't know/haven't tried to post photos on the forum. Any photos I've posted in the past were links to photo...
  16. U

Help with scratchbuilding.

O.K. Guys, I've got my LVT's about done. Now I need help/advice on finishing the project. 1.) I've made masters for the track links, I want them to be functional but don't intend the models for R/C. Should I cast them in resin or white metal? What are the advantages of each? 2.) I'm working on...
  17. U

Scratchbuilding a skate rail?

Has anyone done this before? I don't have any actual examples in my area to measure, so I was wondering if anyone out there did, or knew the dimensions. I assume all U.S. skate rails were of similar dimensions in order to take standardized weapons mounts. If this is incorrect please let me know...
  18. U

The Pacific

Check this out. Go to this link and at the 2min 57 second point there is a short trailer for "The Pacific". http://whatsonthetube.net/2009/01/01/coming-to-seven-in-%E2%80%9909/ It looks like it's going to be good!
  19. U

Tips for painting boots, anyone?

I'm getting ready repaint some of the Dragon plastic boots. You know the soft plastic type (vinyl maybe?). Anyway, is there anything special I need to know before doing this, other than the standard stuff like washing with mild detergent, etc. Do certain types of paints work better than others...
  20. U

Printing on cloth question for the experts

I'm needing some Marpat Camo cloth (and could use some WWII USMC Camo cloth green side and brown side for shelter halves and ponchos). My question is: 1.) Has anyone ever tried scanning 1/1 camo (I have a bunch of 1/1 items I could scan) into a computer and reducing it down to get a 1/6...
Back