• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. M

Johns Stuff WC-52 Beep Conversion Masters

Sorry, if my post hinted that I made the build. John built the entire truck. Charlie
  2. M

Johns Stuff WC-52 Beep Conversion Masters

John's WC-52 was just a great build. Mine is one of the stars of my collection. For a comparison, I put a 21C 1/18 WC-52 in the bed. Charlie
  3. M

"Five Came Back"

Should be good but all the info on these 5 directors has been covered before in other shows. Charlie
  4. M

I remember 7 Dec 1941

My DIL's Grandmother is a very nice lady, but last Thanksgiving, we were all sitting at the table and someone mentioned a Japanese car and this nice lady blew a gasket, cursing the Japanese and what they did to us. We never knew about her. My Mom, was friends with a lady who was imprisoned by...
  5. M

I remember 7 Dec 1941

WW2 was a major part of my life. My Dad and uncles (5) served in the Atlantic and European theaters. My Wifey's Dad and her uncles all served in the Pacific. My Dad (Coast Guard DE) and 3 uncles (Navy DD, C-47 Crew Chief, Army Infantry) all were at the D-Day landings and none knew about the...
  6. M

Early Christmas Present

Always been one of my favorites. I'd love to have a real one but there are so many horror stories of "parts" guns, I hate to make the investment. A hundred years ago an uncle of mine brought one back from WW2 but it disappeared before I was old enough to buy it from him. Charlie
  7. M

Morris C8 Quad

That truck is such an ugly beast, it is beautiful. Charlie
  8. M

Veterans Day Tribute

As a Vietnam veteran, and disabled veteran, I want to thank our brothers and sisters in arms. There are also plenty of Americans who appreciate our service. If I may go a little off track with a story. In 1975, NYC cancelled the annual Vet Day parade. No money, they said. A single citizen...
  9. M

Panzerwerk Maybach engine for Sdkfz series

I have 2 1/6 engines. I believe they are Maybach HL 42 TUKRM, for the Sd.kfz halftracks. They are sturdy resin, painted. I have 1 in my Sd.kfz 9 halftrack. Who made them? I don't have a clue. I've had them for many years. How much did they cost? Again, I have no idea. They are different...
  10. M

15 years Ago Today Sept. the 10th

15 years ago today my family went to my little guy's graduation ceremonies. My Son graduated from the NYFD Academy. The Mayor (Giuliani) gave him his diploma. A great time, even including a battle royal during the ceremony when they skipped my Son's name. We were following the program and...
  11. M

Ford FGT

Awesome truck, just super build. Nice build but I'd sure like to see a larger, more accurate 57mm or 6 pounder. Wish I had the talent to do that kind of work. Charlie
  12. M

Long Strange Trip

Definitely a club not for the faint of heart. Much better than the alternative..... Not 100% on my right side. Can't trust me driving manual trannie, but fine with auto. After typing at the speed of light, I'm back to 2 finger typing, but there are far worse things in this world. Charlie
  13. M

Long Strange Trip

You are now a member of an exclusive club, the Stroke Survivors club. Not easy to join. I'm a member. Take care of yourself and enjoy it. Charlie
  14. M

Ebay Heads up: M-8 WW2 LIGHT ARMORED CAR

The big advantage in using Mardon L. Calanta vehicles in the size, being very close to a true 1/6 scale. They do have small problems though but they can brought up to "accurate" fairly easy. I have a custom Calanta M3A1 Halftrack that I was very proud of acquiring recently, until my Sons looked...
  15. M

The Italians get a new ride

No guns, no tracks, but who needs them when you have a super looking, one of a kind, just cool truck. Charlie
  16. M

Normandy Tank Museum Auction

Amazing collection of "combat ready vehicles", I'd love to have that M3A1 Scout Car, the M-24 Chaffee and the Pacific, wow. But my garage is full today. ;) Charlie
  17. M

Marine Iwo Flag Raising

Harold Schultz is the Marine they now say was the missing Marine. Good read and good show. Charlie
  18. M

Marine Iwo Flag Raising

The name is "The Unknown Flag Raiser of Iwo Jima". Check it out, sure was worth watching. Charlie
  19. M

Marine Iwo Flag Raising

In Bradly's defense, he was wounded and spent time in hospital and at first he was a little fuzzy when the Marines were desperate for the remaining flag raisers. I'll check on the exact name of the episode. Charlie
  20. M

Marine Iwo Flag Raising

Really interesting show on Smithsonian cable last night. The show was about the picture and subsequent world wide attention of the flag raising. Seems that when Clint Eastwood made the movie, he instructed the movie property staff to outfit the actors with the correct equipment by matching...
Back