• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

American D-Day Airborne jump suites?

b24man

Company Commander
I have both styles of Dragon American Airborne M42 jump suites: Early version William & Tom (tan) and later version, Jim & Dan (light green)...my question is, of these two which one is the correct color for D-Day?

Kyle

Until Mr Bando comes along.......I am pretty sure that all or most of the D-Day US paras were wearing the M1942 jump suit ( the tan one), however IIRC they would have been impregnated with anti gas chemicals which may have changed the appearance somewhat.

The 42's were the proper uniform for the D-day assault, they had both the rigger reinforced and non reinforced, and due to many manufacturers the tan was many different shades. the 43's are the later war uniform for paratroopers, they were issued just before the Holland campaign, although some of the troopers still held on to their 42's and wore them late war.

cheers!
Bill

Proper color for the M 42 jumpsuit! now that's a good topic. Always thought BBI's version was quite good. I like dragon's latest material and shape on Dan and James but kinda doubt the color though...

There have been many, many discussions (sometimes rather heated) about this topic on several message boards for WWII reenacting. There were many manufacturers of the M42 jump suit and many different shades of Khaki (OD#3). One of the reproduction uniform and gear manufacturers, At The Front, has addressed this issue on their website http://www.atthefront.com/

This is a pic from thier website of several different M42 uniforms to address the color issue

42Colors.jpg

Note: K is an unissued original

This should answer most of the color question issues

Pops,

niiiiiice, had to through in the ATF picture, you know the saying from blood upon the risers-----Jack%$#

cheers!
Billy

Well, I guess this should pretty well answer the M42s color question...with so many of these being made it's only natural that their would be a color variation.

The only real gripe I have with DMLs earlier version M42 is that they were not baggy enough in the trousers. When Soldat 2 & Summers came along their M42s were a great fit, baggy, correct looking pockets & patches, but had a much different color variation. So I didn't really know what to believe. Thanks all for the info. :-D

Kyle

Back