• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Aussie in the Korean War.

montañes

Tanker
Hello,

I finished this commision late in 2019 but I forgot to post in the 1/6 forums.

Totally new and unknow it was a challenge for me. The hardest part were the australian gaiters, BGT ACW modified, and the british 37 pattern webbing, thanks to Richard Elbourne and Tony Barton for tutorials, tips and help.

More photos in Facebook as usual.

I hope you like it,
Jaime.

HF5L9XM.jpg

Cbeq7y8.jpg

LwhUe6D.jpg

kxxZheU.jpg

hqNJD3W.jpg

16410p1.jpg

So6Y3sW.jpg

fflPYnP.jpg

LT5TlyB.jpg

zafDWCc.jpg

qjpQArb.jpg

XGYBfKV.jpg

Algunas fotos del proceso.

RWcAMN0.jpg

HN6ObfV.jpg

8t8dZmX.jpg

6ZyUki2.jpg

W9czRxG.jpg

NnqHBT3.jpg

TH02i54.jpg

Great figure from "The Forgotten War". My father was in the US Army during the Korean War. He was in the 1st Cav. He didn't talk about it much, but when he did he had some good stories. Some of them weren't very pretty.
Bob

Great work Jaimie and equally great to see another Anzac on the site. He reflects the growing change (that started mid-WW2) in the way the Australian soldier's equipment blended with a mix of Brit/U.S. and a sprinkling of home-grown manufactured items and the fact that the then fledgling Australian Regular Army went into Korea (I assume he is 3RAR - 3rd Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment?) very much dressed and equipped to fight World War Two - including the venerable MkIII SMLE. A very nice touch with the 3rd Pattern GSB-emblazoned winter fur hat. Cheers for sharing, Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your comment explaining the transition of the australian soldier equipment, a very interesting subject but unfortunately the producers don´t pay the attention that they deserved.
No idea about the regiment, the collector send some period photos and they were the starting point to do the figure.

Jaime.

Agree. I reckoned 3RAR because they were in Korea from the get-go (part of the British 27th Commonwealth Brigade) which at the time consisted of one British, one Canadian and one Australian battalion/regiment. It was an active player as part of the British Commonwealth Occupational Force (BCOF) Japan prior to the war and given its proximity went straight into it. Many of its personnel were WW2 vets and the battalion's battle honours include the great defensive battle of Kapyong and the offensive action of Maryang San...two great battalion-level (as part of an over-arching brigade action) on both accounts. Cheers, Steve

Good figure, nice work on a fascinating subject!

Good post timing this month marking the 70th anniversary of the start of the conflict.

‘He’ could be from any of the three battalions from the RAR involved in the war.

Just out of interest we’re the sample photographs of a particular individual or generic group shots.

Cheers!

Back