• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Ba-64 kit - build

I attached the frame today with some screws inside. Tough part was deciding where to put these screws so they were accessible and didn’t hit the frame in a bad place.

Axles are 1/2” dowel. Wheels are screwed on. I used 3/8” conduit straps to attach them to the frame. The gear boxes are 2 mated 3/4” barbed pvc adapters with the barb cut off both & one shortened. They slipped over the dowel and were fixed in place with styrene shims & glue.

C640-E511-D88-B-4671-83-D2-843-F99-EEDF37.jpg

9-CB552-CA-1-DBF-4-C4-F-8-FBA-B7-B04-E5-EA1-FC.jpg

EFE21000-7113-4-BB0-A9-AB-6-F281-AF33-BD4.jpg

533-C7-D1-B-CFB3-4490-A9-F1-E1-ED4-D341884.jpg

6-E00-E164-5-BCD-47-CF-A9-BA-249-CDC501424.jpg

For some reason my pictures aren’t showing. There hotlinked to postimages yet won’t show. I’ll try again later.

Last edited:
I guess the pictures are working now. At least for me.

Mounted the spare wheel. Definitely adds to the look of the vehicle.

The build is coming along very nicely. Glad to hear the DT will be coming (eventually). Would like to get started on my BA-64, but I still have the SD250 to finish. Unfortunately, I got roped in to doing another house remodel (after I just finished my mother's house). My youngest son just bought a house, and it needs some work. I didn't think retirement would be so busy!!!

Thanks. I’m having to be creative with this. Currently living in an apartment so I don’t have access to the usual tools. Not even my Dremel. So this is a Harbor Freight build. Beyond my Mikita drill, Xacto knife, & some drill bits, all the other tools came from HF. For example this vise, flush cut saw, & file set.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-1-2-half-inch-table-swivel-vise-97160.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-flush-cut-saw-62118.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-file-set-5-pc-60368.html

Just goes to show what you can do with limited resources. I’ll have to drive to a relatives house to paint it when I get that far.

Back