• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

camouflage pattern

SgtUSMC

Mortarman
Has anyone seen this camouflage pattern before? If so what colors were used?

409368333.jpg

PzKpfw V Panther from Fallschirm Panzer Division 1 Hermann Göring

Last edited:
The "Disc" camouflage uses the standard three colors. You can achieve the pattern by first spraying green and red brown over the complete hull. Then mask with varying sized circles, leaving gaps between the circles. Next spray panzer yellow overall. When the circle masks are removed you will have small pointy spots of yellow over the brown and green. Finally spray some cloud shapes of panzer yellow and the camouflage is complete. There are ready made masks available in 1/35th that you could use as a pattern/reference. There is a somewhat related camo pattern of green and red brown spot/circles applied to a base of panzer yellow.
I think if you google "disc camouflage" you will probably find more images.
PS
If you look closely you can see that the real thing was done with a relatively small stencil. There is a small bow tie shaped spot of yellow by the right hand of the crewman in all black, and maybe two feet forward on the armor you can see the same shape.

Last edited:
As has been said this is the “Disc pattern” this was produced by the M.A.N factory in November 1944 it’s similar to the “Hinter Halt” pattern of Daimler Benz, used on various fronts though this picture could well come from operation wacht am Rhien could be a picture from 11.Pz.Div

hello,SGT
that to me looks like a field paint scheme..
colors many be dark tan, oilvergrun drab, field drab, and a pine green...
kind regards,

This pattern has also been seen on :

251 d's
38t Grille SdKfz 138/1
Bergepanzer III's
Stug IV's
Jadgpanzer IV's
Panthers

Standard 3 color yellow ,green, brown .

STUGdisc.jpg

Last edited:
Just to be clear this was a factory applied camouflage pattern not field applied, like zimmerit different patterns were used to quickly identify which factory a given vehicle came from.
Base colour as always Dünkelgelb with discs of varying sizes of Dünkelgrune and Rotbrun.

Is this another example of that disk camo?

-Joe

Attachments

• article-2075565-0F353CAA00000578-419_964x601.jpg
    article-2075565-0F353CAA00000578-419_964x601.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 52
Back