• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Der Soldat

covert-

Mortarman
Well, here we are again.

Looks like Der Soldat (Richard) isn't one who can be trusted to:

- do jobs in a timely matter
- respond to PMs or emails
- Send items back
- Do the job requested
- Keep the customer in the loop as to progress

Way back in November, Richard wanted some items I had. We arranged a deal that he would get the items I had, and he would paint 1 set of hands, 1 M1 carbine, and 1 MG42. Items were shipped (and received by him). No word on what was going on.

End of January came up. I PM'ed him asking him for the status, since I figured it shouldn't take 2 months to paint the items. Got the standard "been busy, can't get the job done right" response.

Eventually March rolled around. I asked Richard to kindly send me my items back, regardless of the status. He said he would, once he could get to the post office.

Now it's May. Emails and PMs go unanswered, leaving me with no way to contact him.

I guess full maturity hasn't set in yet. When you promise to do a job, DO IT. Don't cop out with excuses, and send the customer their items WHEN THEY ASK FOR THEM.

Good thing he doesn't really come around here any more (claims the mods of the board sent him "hate mail" so he doesn't come by any more).

Beware. Stay away from him doing any jobs for you or trading with him.

Ryan

It was posted on the Sixth Division that he had his computer fried and he can't get the money for a new one right now so he is stuck offline.

I personally would run down to my nearest staples to use the computer there, but it isn't always that easy when you depend on your parents to take you to and from places. Being young myself I can understand somewhat, but there are also other means of communication maybe a letter or something.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

You might want to take a look at the post on OSD:
http://www.onesixthnet.yuku.com/topic/14444

-Ben

Hi Ben,

I had seen that - however:
- email was sent to a yahoo address, which he HAS responded to when at school, so I know he can get my address, if he hadn't printed it off.
- He replied that he would send the stuff once he could get to the post office. That was in March.

It's just disappointing that he doesn't take it seriously.

i have had many bad experiences with individuals who promise to make custom items and then seem to disappear. It seems like they are more than available by email or phone before you send the money, then they become camouflaged! It seems that makers like this get overwhelmed by orders or just overwhelmed by life, and can't follow through. It is a shame because many of these makers/customizers are very talented artists. It is a loss to the hobby when a gifted artist "goes bad". They all seem to have the best intentions, too. When you finally track them down, they always have a plausible excuse for flaking. A computer gone bad heads the list. Personal problems are a close second. Family issues runs third, and running out of money to complete the job is right in there in the running. Sometimes they even ask for more money to complete a job that had an agreed price! Buyer beware, I say. BUT, that being said, how do you know a flake? You can't ask a maker to do a job and have you pay them later, because most legitimate makers have scads of stories of being ripped off as well! I guess there is no real answer to the issue except to watch the boards for alerts from scammed customers.

And not a minute too soon it seems!

Over at the Sixth Division, it appears he ripped off a bunch of people. When pressed, he responds with profanity and a flippant attitude. He's now been banned there for his poor practices.

I for one won't miss him.

Ryan

Ha Ha Ha !!!!!! Another "I'm leaving the Hobby" tear jerker like others I have seen. The fair-well tour lasts longer than the actual time that they are away. Seen it all before, a parthetic cry for attention like many others.

Back