• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

ENTRY # 15 - juk73

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
The 5th SS Division Wiking spent the last days of 1944 and the month of January 1945 fighting the Red Army advance into Hungary. After a futile attempt to relive Budapest, Wiking made a fighting retreat in the last days of January 1945 - May 1945 where the division surrendered in Furstenfeld Czechoslovakia. The Wiking Division earned a high combat reputation because of it's performance on the Eastern Front.

This figure represents a schutze of the 5th SS Division Wiking as they made their fighting retreat through Hungary
at the end of January 1945

[hr:e4749fa1b7]
xs1.JPG

xs2.JPG

xs3.JPG

xs4.JPG

xs5.JPG

xs6.JPG

xs7.JPG

xs8.JPG

I was initially going to kit this guy out with full gear, but after looking at the photo I based this guy on, I decided to gear him up like the photo. The H.S. is from Dragon, it has been stripped and repainted completely w/oils. The hands have also been repainted right down to the cuticles and dirty fingernails.I modified the body quite a bit with e dremmell in order to prevent the over bulky look that sometimes happens when you put winter clothing over a full uniform.
The camouflage uniform is from Zanis(helmet cover from Alfred) I did heavy weathering to fade the newness of the uni. so it would have a worn look.I made the helmet strap from a piece of leather. I added holes to the leather and put on a functioning buckle. All the other parts were weathered in some way(pastels/ washes.)

Back