• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Finally Creating Man Cave 1/6 Space For Collection

It's been several years since I finished lining and running power to my shed/garage and finally I've dedicated a half of one of the four bays to store/display my 1/6 stuff (and my smaller wargaming miniatures). So at last a dedicated 3 metre x 3 metre space to work with. Below are some WIP pictures of what I've done so far...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I hope it's starting to look organised, a fair bit more to do yet!

As part of this rationalisation I've decided to radically reduce the size of my 1/6 collection I've already moved 4 large vehicles (including an M4 and an Sdkfz 251), a dozen dragon vehicle/gun model kits and 25 boxed figures! Still a lot more to go, the good thing is all of the stuff I've sold I has earned me a healthy profit! :-D

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20220104_073911.jpg
    20220104_073911.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 20220104_074130.jpg
    20220104_074130.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 20220104_073839.jpg
    20220104_073839.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220104_073917.jpg
    20220104_073917.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 20220104_074046.jpg
    20220104_074046.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 127
What a terrific set up and nice display of your collection. I like the Australian heavy machine gun team. Does it have a widescreen to play the war movies? I hear the soundtrack of Patton looking at your collection.

Leonard
RTT

Last edited:
It won't be long before you need more space, there never seems to be enough!
I started with a 12X50 trailer, added a 60X14, then ripped out the little one and added a 14X70, once I had started my house project I realized I had no place to actually set it up, so I talked to a friend and they had a 12X60 mobile home they needed drug off, hopefully that will give me enough space to last the rest of my life, but I have a habit of building big items!

Hey Guys thanks for the comments!
I’ve done a bit more work on the display cabinet since posting improving the visibility of the figures and adding a few more 1:1 items.
BTW there is a large screen TV and a bar fridge just out of photo shot 😃!

Back