• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Firing the pak-40

First off GREAT VIDEO !!

Now for the legality , from what i understand all weapons displayed outside VFW halls are owned by the U.S. Govt and are on loan to the halls including foreign captured weapons , one of our local VFW halls had a PAK38 5cm gun outside on display for a long time and they said it was on loan from the Govt , kinda a permanent loan , I dont know the history of this gun , but it just seems weird the story behind it and if it was even legal for the lady 2 sell it , I could be wrong ...

From what I know from dealing with my clubs 57mm Anti Tank gun.

Yes, the weapons are the property of the U.S. Govt. The Army supposedly maintains records as to who got what gun and where. The guns are permanently on loan to whoever has it. When they are through with the gun the organization MUST PAY TO SHIP THE GUN BACK TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Here is the continuing problem: Most of the members of the group that were aware of this when the guns were "donated" years ago, have died or moved away. Some members now think the guns are their and can do whatever they want.

I contacted the Army (directed by ATF) and they were cooperative but they had no records on my gun. Some records were destroyed by fire years ago. I jumped through hoops to get permission for us to restore and use the gun but we were finally successful. All along ATF told us the gun could never be returned to live fireable condition.

Charlie

You learn something everyday. I wasnt aware of the goverment owning the weapons and them being on loan.

It is my understanding this is the same for all those museum ships and even the space shuttles that were divyd up to the museums. Title does not transfer, simply a permanent loan.

Reese, I wonder if this is the gun they were talking about a few years back when we went on that road trip. They said they were getting a gun that no one else had and it would be made operatioal ? Looks kinda like the area.
Bill

Bill, I had the same thought :wink:

Bill and Reese ......My first thought as well , except one thing , the guy talking to us on that trip said it was pretty much mint and ready to go , they just needed to source rounds , so their might be 2 .....LOL

yup , hence why we were not allowed to see it , but it could be the same one , maybe it just took them some years to get everything squared away .

On the internet is not exactly the good place to discuss secrets, but then we are all friends and nobody reads our conversation, from like the Gobernant, right.......right. :brit_bigeyes:

Charlie

Never!!! However, after my latest crazy winter in Mass I would consider it. I came put visit Steve in January and I can always be swayed by running along the bay in January in shorts compared to -0 temps that we had here. For all the restrictions that the state has you guys seem to have some cool things going on.

Viaad,

You have to consider retiring back here in Texas. We need to develop our 1/6 scale base... Great weather, no state income tax... no silly gun regulations!!!!!

-joe

Back