• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Gebirgsjager6thss

gebirgsjager6thss

Battalion Commander
Hello all,
I have been a member of SAG for awhile,I just kept putting off doing this as I do not like talking about myself much.
Okay,let's see. I have been collecting 1/6th figures since 2000. I started with 21st Century and had about 10 of them when I discovered Dragon and that was that. I have about 300 figures now 1-21st figure 3-BBi the rest are DML figures,boxed and kit-bashed.
My motor pool includes 2-Schimmwagons 3-Ketts 1-motorcycle 4-motorcycles with side cars 3-Kubels and my pride and joy 1-Panther.
I collect German mostly but have recently branched out to British Airborne figures of which I have 6 now.
I guess the reason I collect Germans is because when I was a kid all I heard from other kids when it was found out that I was of German decent was that I was evil because "everybody knew" German were evil.
Well,I did not feel evil but it made me interested in the German army and I started to collect German models when I was around 6.
I guess 1/6th collecting is an extention of that.
WWII was my families Civil War (other wise known as the War Of Northern Aggression" LOL!
I had at least one Great Uncle who was in a gebirgsjager division,I do not know which. My father would not speak of him,I onlt learned of him when my Dad let it slip and then clammed up. I do not even know my Uncles name,but that explains my interest in the gebirgsjager units.
Well,thats about all I can think of as an intro. I do want to say that I have really enjoyed my time here on SAG and have enjoyed talking to the other members and learning so much.
Thank you all.
GJ

Just finished up a trade with Ric. Outstanding guy and all and a pleasure trading with. Would absoluately deal with again with no second thoughts.

Enjoy the items, man.

Just recently completed my first trade with Ric, he was a pleasure to deal with.

Paul
AKA:.308

Just finished up a trade with Ric. Items packed well and he even included some extras. Really needed the map case, thanks Ric!

Jamie

Back