• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Great pictures in what I call "Signal" style color from a reenactment event in Russia

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
Great pictures in what I call "Signal" style color from a reenactment event in Russia

I put together a collection of pictures from deviantArt of some really great pictures, wonderful photography of some serious reenactment. The number of vehicles is quite amazing. It is also nice to see most reenactors in uniform that don't weigh 200 pounds plus :D

This is just a "collection" which is just a visual list of images. The pictures themselves are from the very talented photographer known as fly10 on dA.

http://sixthvanguard.deviantart.com...tary-History-Festival-Battlefield-2013-Russia

Re: Great pictures in what I call "Signal" style color from a reenactment event in Ru

WOW they almost look like paintings. Some really Great shots. Looks like they are really shooting at each other.
Bill

Re: Great pictures in what I call "Signal" style color from a reenactment event in Ru

I agree very nice pictures... lots of "food for thought" for doing figures and dioramas. Thanks for posting the link

Last edited:

woah!...very cool pics SV & SLICK!
Thanks for posting the links guys....very enjoyable eye-candy.

Great finds Slick :!:

Hey guys, thanks sixth vanguard and slick for posting those links. Great photos. Sixth, in your first set of pics, there are some pictures of a tiger I? Is that just a replica? I thought the only working tiger I was 131?
Thx
Trevor

Very cool photos - amazing that there's a 38t!

Loved the NKVD and NKVD border guards as well!

Thanks for sharing the links!

Fred

Back