• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

HG Divisional Symbol

Hi all,

Just wanting to know if the Hermann Goering Divisional symbol was used on vehicles.

Here's a pic:

HG_Div_Symbol.jpg

If not, in what capacity was this symbol used?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jamie

Anyone? I'm not surprised, as it's a pretty obscure symbol as far as researching it goes. So far I have only found an image of it on two or three websites, and the only text accompanying it describes it as the "Hermann Goering divisional symbol".

I've looked through my reference books and have conducted dozens of web searches on the symbol and have found nothing beyond the two or three references mentioned above. I even contacted a HG Division reenactment group but have not received a reply as of yet.

The reason I ask is because I'm repainting my kubelwagen and BMW and marking them for the HG aufklarungs-abteilung in Italy or Sicily and would really like to use the symbol on the front fender of the kube and maybe on the front of the BMW's sidecar.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jamie

Hi Jamie I posted a question on a forum reguarding this symbol and will pass on the results if any I get.... Harold

Thanks Harold.

I have been looking for references to it for over two months, and have exhausted my current resources. I'm going to order another HG Division reference book from Amazon this week. Hopefully it will have some information if your request doesn't pan out.

Thanks again,
Jamie

Thanks again sir. I had seen this decal sheet before, though I don't remember if it was for this particular model. I have not been able to find it again. For some reason when I do web searches on the HG my computer returns some strange barely relevant results, so the link you gave is a welcome addition to some of the information I have on the unit.

Thanks.
Jamie

Back