• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Long Strange Trip

SLICK7

Company Commander
Wow. I can't believe I haven't been on since March. I was shocked to see figures shipping at $160 bucks too.
Anyway, on March 8 I was laying on the sofa watching the boob tube and I had a massive stroke. I died twice and somehow I'm still hear. Doctors say I'm a miracle. WTF. My eyesight is not good so typing is a real chore. Hopefully I will be able to take some pics and post the stuff I was working on when I kicked the bucket. Glad to be back. Slick

Re: Long Strang Trip

Glad you are still with us Slick, that is quite a trip you took :!:

A reminder, if this site is too hard to read in its normal style (white letter on black background) you can change to black on white by selecting "default style" from the little drop down box in the lower left corner of almost any page on the site.

Re: Long Strang Trip

Hang in there! Hopefully time will heal you, supposedly if it doesn't kill us it makes you stronger...

Cya
Hankster

I'm very glad to hear you are on the mend. I can't imagine what your experience must have been like. Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery. Please stay in touch when you can.
All the best
Tim

You are one tough dude Brother !! Hang in there and keep typing !! work that Brain , make new pathways for your nerves and yes shows pics , Welcome back from the Dead !!!! , hope your not craving Brains !

But really , All the best Bro , that must have been tough , glad your posting !:!::!::!:

Yes glad you are hanging tough, keep it up.

Don't fall off that Perch yet.

Keep the writing up as Steve said.

Cheers

Jeff

Our next door lady's brother took a stroke and they had to take a vein or artery from his leg and replace the damaged section of the vein/artery going to his brain. It was a long road to recovery but he is not up to what he was before the stroke and hard to talk to with out him flying of the handle when you try to correct things he does.
Glad to see you are back take care Slick.... all the best

You are now a member of an exclusive club, the Stroke Survivors club. Not easy to join.

I'm a member. Take care of yourself and enjoy it.

Charlie

Definitely a club not for the faint of heart. Much better than the alternative.....

Not 100% on my right side. Can't trust me driving manual trannie, but fine with auto. After typing at the speed of light, I'm back to 2 finger typing, but there are far worse things in this world.

Charlie

Back