• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

m42? mountain troop y-harness ?

Subsystem4

Rifleman
How is the m42(i think) mountain troop y harness different from the regular issue y harness? it looks like they just have an extra d-ring . anybody ever see these up close?

Grüß Gott Bergkameraden,

Where did you get this information about a so called "M42 mountain troop Y harness?" I've been collecting original 1:1 scale Gebirgsjäger militaria for over 20 years and have never heard of such item.

For the most part, Gebirgsjägers usually don't wear Y-straps because they have the large mountain rucksack to keep most of their kit in.

Mit einem kameradschaftlichen Horrido!

i know ss gebirgsjagers weren't as well trained or equipt as heer units. but in Steven amodio's ss uniforms in color photographs there is a page with a prinz eugen div soldier and it mentions in the caption a special y straps. from what i can see in the picture they have two sets of d-rings for attaching a pack to. but other than that i can't see much else thats different.
i am just starting to research gebirgsjager for a figure i'm working on and i want to get it right.

Servus Subsystem4,

Ok...now I know what you are talking about. Unfortunately, those so call "mountain y-straps" mentioned in that book are post-war Austrian army Y-straps...not a wartime item.

Horrido!

Thanks heeresbergfuhrer, i am surprised that the author made such a mistake. can you recomend a book with lots of war time photos to help me with my project? by the way your website is great!

Servus Subsystem4,

The best book in English available on the subject of Gebirgsjägers is Roland Kaltenegger's "German Mountain Troops in World War II: A Photographic Chronicle Of The Elite Gebirgsjsger." You can get from Schiffer Books directly, or through Amazon or eBay.

Mit einem kameradschaftlichen Horrido!

Back