• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

My name is Brad, and I'm a tank freak.

HauntedTank

Rifleman
Well where to begin? I guess a thanks to my friend John here who led me down the path. A little bit about me, my introduction to tanks came from my Dad. He started his command in Stuarts, and moved up from there. WWII and into Korea. He got taken out by of all things, poison ivy. His driver parked the tank right in the middle of a patch of it. Dad, hanging out of the turret got covered in it. 3 days in intensive care, doc's told him one more incident and it would probably be his last one. The Army in it's wisdom took him away from the dangers and moved him to a safer place. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Yep he became a paratrooper, he finished up as a jump master.

And so it began with me, on a slightly smaller scale. First up as a mix of honor for my Dad, and what was my favorite comic book, I created my version of "The Haunted Tank" , I gave Jeb and rest of the boys a fighting chance.

More of a comic then a purist version. Found a NIB Stuart, and went crazy. Out went the 37mm and in went a 105, actually a 450 fps Airsoft cannon.
Tossed the toy electronics and installed hobby grade 2.4. Since in the comics anything goes, I added a working laser sight, working lamps, an FPV system, tied in the stock sound board, and built my own working exhaust system for it. Enough for the guts so to speak, outside the fenders came off, the rust came on, and tossed in some camo cloth for good measure.

Jeb has not aged well as you can see, but he's still at it.

That's where I met John, he saw what I did and gave me a call. The rest as they say is history. In the last year, if memory serves me, I've built 3 Jeeps, 3 Humvees, 4 Stuarts, a pair of Abrams, and just finished up a FOA Tiger 1 for him. On the bench now is a T-34 that is going to become a Jagpanther if you can imagine that. And somewhere is a German halftrack floating around.

So that's it. I'm not much on cosmetics and what is/isn't correct on the outside, but I can work wonders with running gear/electronics.

Here's some shots of some of them.

Brad

Attachments

• 0128131516.jpg
    0128131516.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 0128131520.jpg
    0128131520.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 1021121623.jpg
    1021121623.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 0128131518a.jpg
    0128131518a.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 49
  • TIGER 006.jpg
    TIGER 006.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 54
Thanks guys, I recognize a few of you from some of the other sites I'm on.

Anywho, like said I'm not much for outside accuracy, I'll leave that up to the professionals here, but if you need help on running gear and electronics, I'm your man. I build to run, my stuff battles and bashes, damage is a badge of honor. I kinda follow in what my dad tells me, that no two tanks were ever the same, they changed daily, and tankers were some of the best scroungers around.

Take that Tiger I just finished up. I learned to think out of the box on it.
Taking a static version and making it run. Okay, and I am a cheap bugger too. What you don't see is the magic inside. It has a pair of Power Wheels drives for the tracks and another to operate the turret. Less then a quarter of the cost for the FOA drives themselves.

The exhaust is proportional, and all self built from stuff I had laying around the shop.

I love to tinker, and tanks are the ultimate tinkers work shop. Making them move, smoke up the place, growl/clank/and bang, and destroy things is just Valhalla to me.

Back