• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

NOMADS Gebirgsjäger officer edelweiss cap badge

heavygang

Marksman
I just had some goodies come in the mail from Patrick.
Wow I think he did a great job on them.
I just need my two caps from Keith aka KWMIM.
A Bergmütze and a Schirmmütze and I can finish my Gebirgsjäger.
Steve

364908692.jpg

The Bergmütze edelweiss is the one from my dragon figure it has a dark green back ground that I put on it. I am not sure if I am going to use it there does not seem to be many examples that I have seen.
B Hellqvist, yes you should, when you see them up close for the first time you will be amazed, Pat is a true artist and a great guy to deal with.
I mean he went out of his way to make a edelweiss badge for my
Schirmmütze. No charge if I did not like it, lets just say I sent a thank you payment....lol.
I have made three orders and they are some of my most prized one-sixth
possessions.
Steve

heavygang";p="138163 said:
The Bergmütze edelweiss is the one from my dragon figure it has a dark green back ground that I put on it. I am not sure if I am going to use it there does not seem to be many examples that I have seen. Steve

Servus Jäger Steve,

Here's one of my original Bergmütze with a cloth backed Edelweiss:

bergmu776tzegar79010oy.jpg

Horrido!
Patrick

pzrwest";p="138303 said:
from what I've read the green backed ones were Austrian units

Servus Bergkameraden,

Not necessarily, the original Bergmütze I posted is marked to Geb.Art.Rgt.79 of the 1. Gebirgsdivision which is a German based unit. I think use of the green backing was more for style...it makes the Edelweiss more noticeable on the cap and looks sharp.

Some Gebirgsjägers would wear the Edelweiss slanted to the left, instead of the right, sometimes too.

mag05lc1.jpg

Berg Heil und Horrido!
Patrick

Back