• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Photobucket changed its terms

Sixth Vanguard

Board Flunky, aka Site Admin
I noticed some photobucket images on the site are now replaced with a message telling the user to pay to have their pics show on third party sites.

Seems rather draconian for a site that was founded with the express purpose of sharing images to do so. I could understand it if images were using excessive amounts of bandwidth.

Such a shame as so many people were using Photobucket :(

Last edited:
My account is fine (sofar). Maybe it depends on the number of different sites one is linking from to get hit by the axe. I typically link from a total of 3 or 4 sites.

Got notice the other day, can't third party host unless you get their most expensive monthly plan, total crap n not sure what I'm gonna do as so many contest and various board pics from here, modeled society, etc are hosted there....gonna be a lot of work transferring to pbase sigh :(

Got notice the other day, can't third party host unless you get their most expensive monthly plan, total crap n not sure what I'm gonna do as so many contest and various board pics from here, modeled society, etc are hosted there....gonna be a lot of work transferring to pbase sigh :(

I got my notice also last week. This is just a legalized (?) form of ransomware. I'm not paying those bastards a single dime!

I found https://www.picturetrail.com/ its free, and easy to upload photos.
Simple control C to copy url and post as 3rd party sites.

It might be free, for now...

I think the lesson we learned from using PB is that there is no such thing as 'a free lunch'. We should not step into a different trap of the same kind unless we accept the risk that in time we will be 'PhotoBucketed' again...

I myself will be looking for a picture sharing site that charges a reasonable fee for hosting and sharing my pictures. Alternatively I might setup my own picture-sharing site using a personal NAS.

I'm going to,have to wait and see what happens when it's time to renew my account. I've been paying for the cheapest add free account for several years now. I haven't received any notification that my rates are increasing and I just did a test post with no issues.

Additional info. After looking in to it a bit more it looks like since I'm already a paying member my ability to post images will continue until December 31st 2018. After that I will have to choose a new plan. Of course with the feed back I'm hearing from others there may not be a photobucket by then. None of the three plans they offer really suit my needs.

Last edited:
Back