• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Rambling , touchy feely observations of mine...

Brave Rifles

Private Citizen
Considering this is the 2nd Anniversary of this community , and there have been some thoughts running through what passes for my brain for some time now, I figured might as well let them out. Rather odd really, because I am more of the "get a rope and hang'em high" kinda person , instead of the "let's hug and sing together" sort :lol:

Foremost thought that has been begging to be set free is about you. Yes , you, the one reading this. It is because of you , and your participation in this neighborhood of ours , that has made this a place to be proud of. Our hobby, our addiction rather, to bits of plastic and cloth and the history behind what it all represents has us coming from all walks of life, many nationalities and quite frankly, differing politics and views about life in general. From young to old. Although I have never met a soul on here in person, I consider all my family. Of course, that is not always a good thing ;)

However, this little niche that we find ourselves coming together in , is a truely unique family. Just like families, we may have some disagreements , but for the most part , this virtual home of ours wouldn't be the place it is without YOU , and your humor, your sharing and help, your thoughts and ideas , and your positive and friendly attitude across the Board as a whole. There are other boards out there , and many of us participate in them as well , but this one is my "home" , and being that , I thank you for keeping it fun and successful. I can hardly keep up with the latest figure or post because the participation level here is astounding. Keep 'em coming.

There have been in the last few weeks, more new faces , more new friends showing up, more projects being shared. Some have been members for ages now, and finally coming out of the lurking mode. Glad to see you joining in. For those still lurking, I have a question for ya.

WHY? Come play. Come say Hi. Pull up a ammo crate, open up the ruck and share your work. What do you have to lose?

This is all very true. To add to your thoughts Braverifles, I have made SAG my homepage and where I end my day. Checking out the latest news and projects and seeing great art being produced. I don't belong to any other forums. Mostly because I joined this one first and have looked at the others and felt like this was where I wanted to share my work the most. Its certainly not out of the question to call this place a part of your home since we all share a very unique part of our lives that many people to understand. Its a part of us. It represents the wonders and lessons of times before us. we can share our thoughts and no one should feel left out. Since I joined in 07/05 I've seen some really fantastic work and other progress. The level of knowledge is also a wonderful aspect that allows learning to occur. I sometime wonder what I do if this hobby didn't exsist (not forgetting drums of course). Anyway I don't me to hi jack your post but I felt compelled to add to your observations about this truely unique and enjoyable site.

Alex

Very well said and I have been very lucky in meeting some of the great folks here and can't wait to meet more. There is not a day that goes by that I don't learn something new.
GB

This section I must say has really turned out some rockn figures and displays. :!: Its really good to see the wide range of interest and they are all just all well done.

I, too, have checked out the other 1:6th sites and found most of them wanting. This site is the best 1:6th military site, period! I enjoy each days posts; be they "stupid newbie questions", or inspirational projects from recognized masters of the craft, it is a joy.

All sites have their lurkers. They basically glean what they can from the forums, but are either afraid to offer an opinion or a question, or they don't care beyond the info they can find. Some are here to download pictures to be used for purposes of personal interest or nefarious personal profit. Lurkers will always be with us. Don't let the staring unnerve you!

Every site also has its set of ubiquitous posters who are seen day-after-day. They become "household names" after a while. God bless them! Frequent posters are the glue that holds any site together. I wish there were more of them.

I've only posted one diorama on this forum so far and I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I'm meeting some very nice folks.

I've been a lurker for quite a while but was always intimidated by the outstanding talent you have here. I've worked heavy construction for all my life and didn't think that I had any real artistic abilities. I started to make a few dios a couple of years ago and really fell in love with this hobby. However, I don't think that I ever would have gotten up the nerve to post if it had not have been for my wife's encouragement. Man, I'm having a blast!!

For you other lurkers.. Come on in the water's fine!

Phil

I know my time, resources and talent are limited, but seeing how the 'envelope' is pushed by those here for others to enjoy vicariously keep me coming back. The nasty, know-it-all personal attacks and rants of other (earlier) boards are thankfully not tolerated here for long and that is greatly appreciated. Just wish I could have brought my tools and a project with me to Kuwait!

:D

Nicely said, but with that being said i wish this forum had more vietnam postings and other earas. I myself would prefer to keep the "modern stuff" out of here so it is not so cluttered up like the osw gets. I guess what i am trying to say it "old school and down" aka not the modern stuff. Only my 2 cents worth!

Greetings all! Been in the hobby for years (ask my wife about the annual Joe attack on our Christmas tree). This is the first group that actually got me to sign up due to the quality work and different and interesting threads. Hopefully, time will permit and I'll get something up to share.
"Airborne!, How Far?, ALL THE WAY!"

SgtRay357 is that a Trabby(Trabant) you are useing for your avitar??? I agree with all the above.... SAG is super forum with alot of talented members. Thank You to all.... Harold

Back