• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Smoke Break, January 1945

BigFergSS

Machine Gunner
After a long rear guard action across Finland, the 6th SS Nord Division was given no time to refit prior to Operation Nordwind. On 1 Jan 45, the 11th and 12th SS Gebirgs BNs accompanied by a Volksgrenadier BN snuck threw American lines into Wingen, in the Lorraine/Alsace Region. They quickly took the town and waited for the reinforcements that would never come. American intelligence was told the 50 Germans had ambushed the town.....they would find out painfully it was closer to 400. Luckily for the Americans, the German Gebirgsjaeger were the only ones to attain their goals in the coming week. Surrounded, running low on food, ammunition and manpower, the SS men skillfully probed until they found a gap in the American lines and disappeared as quickly as they had come.

My figure represents an NCO of the 11th SS GJ BN in Wingen. He carries a light load but his pockets are stuffed full of his iron rations and a precious C rat box he's managed to find. He originally started as a BOTB Group Build on Randy's Board, but procrastination got the best of me.
nord004.jpg

I dont know who the HS is, I got him in a trade, But I think he's one of the old DML detectives. He originally just had a must so I added some scruff and gave him a goatee(pre Alfons and Hasan) cuznoone else had a good one. Thanks Guys..

Great figure Gerry, one of these day's I'm gonna have to put all my guy's In thier winter uni's, love that layered look :)

Back