• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Way off topic bash

Tracker47

Machine Gunner
Ok You know you do it. We would like to stick to WWII but given a weak moment we will wander off. I needed a break so I wandered into the Civil War. Sorry. Admins I hope it's alright to post this here.

Here's one of "Terrys Texas Rangers" 8th Texas Cavalry, at Chickamauga GA. The figure and sculpt is Dragon. I added the facial hair with A/B putty. The uniform is from Battlegear, the equipment and weapons are Sideshow. The hosters and knife sheath are real leather customs that I did. The base is one of my customs. The small ammo boxes are by me thanks to my computer.

Enjoy

TTR%201.JPG

TTR%20Face.JPG

TTR%20Base%201.JPG

TTR%20Base%203.JPG

Amazing. This is an eye-catching figure. Though I am not the fan of american civil war, I do love the gears of that era. Very good!!

Is he Tom Hank's great grandfather?? Just kidding.

He's fantastic. And have no fear of posting any 1/6th figure you like here in off topic. We're glad to see them all from ancient to Sci Fi and everything in between. Excellent work will always be appreciated.

Tim

Ahhhhh............... Another who appreciates "The War of Northern Aggression", lol. Behind VN & WWII, this is my other favorite area.

EXCELLENT work!!!

Very nice to se a Civil War bash!

You did an excellent job on the facial hair, it's very fun to sculpt yourself(made a moustach for one of my Ivans). 8)

BTW - where did you get that EXCELLENT rendition of a Richmond Carbine? Did you cut down an SST musket?

This is great stuff , Tracker , and reminds us that there are other periods not involving feldgrau ,OD , or Khaki . Nice to see the brilliant Battlegear clothing in use : those buttons work ! I'm just ploughing through Shelby Foote's " Civil War _ a narrative " at present , and this helps bring it all to life .

Thanks Guys, I'm Glad you like it. It was fun to do. I am working on the Union half as we speak. One of Bufords cavalry at Gettysburg. Kind of a pair of bookends.

CaptCav, You sir, are very observant. Yes it's the sideshow smoothbore cut down and repainted as a musketoon.

I also forgot, the hat is a re-paint of the Black Virgina Cavalry one, with the brim glued up. The bowie knife came from the Louis and Clark figures. I added the brass pins to hold the grip scales on.

Glenning, the facial hair was actually the easiest part. I was scared to try it but once I got going it wasent that bad. Wait till you see the next one. I gave him a full beard.

Tony B, Yes I love the Battlegear offerings. You can do so much more with a piece of clothing that works like the real thing.

The shell jacket was all grey. But the texans wore a red collar for some reason. (Yellow as the color of cavalry?) I re-painted it with Tamiya acrylics.

Back