View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #5
SteveKrieg
Company Commander

Re: Project 'Wehrmacht Firepower' - Nebelwerfer

For an scene involving artillery, it's only fitting that the field piece be surrounded by plenty of ammo in order to give it the effects of a true gunline.

With that in-mind, the rather mundane - but necessary - task of painting and detailing enough 15cm Nebel rounds and transit cases for four launchers has now been done to make a total of 48 rounds and 28 transit cases. The 3d printed rounds for the launchers (reducing the weight of the launcher overall), the heavier metal-alloy rounds that come with the accessory packs providing the second salvo (to be positioned near each launcher ready for loading) with the transit cases, some empty, some not - to the rear.

The metal rounds required three coats - oxide primer, coat of Citadel black and basecoat of Humbrol field grey. A final coat of matt lacquer ensures a reduction in chipping given the material. Whilst I've stencilled all the metal rockets, the plastic rounds for the launchers have only the HE component so-stencilled.

With all that done, it's now time for the finer detailing of the launchers. Crews will be assembled last. As a sidenote of another rocket launcher that'll be part of the 'Wehrmacht Firepower' show - I found several Wurfgeret 41s in one of my storage boxes with the intent of using one to be positioned next to one Nebelwerfer for the show. Enjoy, Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 171154693.jpg (110.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 171154694.jpg (105.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 171154695.jpg (119.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 171154697.jpg (113.2 KB, 23 views)
SteveKrieg is offline   Reply With Quote