Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > General Quarters

General Quarters General 1:6 WWII Discussion Forum

Old 07-04-2018, 05:37 AM   #1
ROB48
Platoon Leader

One Sixth Scale king

Does anybody know if Robin at One Sixth Scale king is still in business? I've tried to contact him on his web site's email, but have had no response.
Bob
ROB48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
LizardKing1968
Tanker

Re: One Sixth Scale king

that's the guy's MO dude. he's often mia. he stole my money in one transaction. as far as i know he has mental health issues, as i've been told.
You're better off going to Patches of Pride.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:12 AM   #3
ROB48
Platoon Leader

Wow! That's really too bad. I have ordered from him in the past (although it has been a while) without any problems at all.
Bob
Old 07-10-2018, 03:22 AM   #4
egonzinc
Brigade Commander

We seem to be loosing everything relating to this hobby. I guess it was to be expected, once the hobby slows down, everything around it starts to slowly dissapear.
Robin was somewhat erratic, but I always got my items. It is going to get tougher and tougher to do vehicles, groups and crews...

Does Patches of Pride do paper CVI type insignia? I know about his embroidered items, got a bunch of German shoulderboards many years ago and still use them...

www.egonzinc.com

Last edited by egonzinc; 07-10-2018 at 03:26 AM.
egonzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:53 PM   #5
Ortona
Rifleman

I just got an order from him last week, probably my 15th or so in the past two years. He recently made some custom Canadian regiment patches for me. Sometimes he takes a while, but he always came through for me. Was always a tad slow with emails though. Demands of his real life, I guess.

His patches are really great. No one else cleanly precuts and paints the edges to match. That saves time ...
Ortona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:52 PM   #6
LizardKing1968
Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by egonzinc View Post
We seem to be loosing everything relating to this hobby. I guess it was to be expected, once the hobby slows down, everything around it starts to slowly dissapear.
Robin was somewhat erratic, but I always got my items. It is going to get tougher and tougher to do vehicles, groups and crews...

Does Patches of Pride do paper CVI type insignia? I know about his embroidered items, got a bunch of German shoulderboards many years ago and still use them...

i didn't want to air out the guy's personal issues, but from what i've been told it seems to go hand in hand with his business..if he's not feeling well he shuts down and ignores everyone. when better he starts up again...also he seems to have a favorites list of customers that he deals with the most. i must of gotten on his shit list a couple of years ago after he stiffed me and took my money. lol.

Patches of pride does custom stuff..you can ask mark to use CVi type paper if you like. his paper is a touch denser but he does practically anything you want with hundreds of variations for patches and decals. check em out.

Miguel
Old 07-10-2018, 11:58 PM   #7
egonzinc
Brigade Commander

Ok ! Thanks! Just realized I confused Patch Hut with Patches of Pride. It was Patch Hut, Dave Tedesco, that I ordered a bunch of embroidered items that I still use. Still have CVI, if I need anything I will guve POP a shot.

www.egonzinc.com
egonzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:03 AM   #8
ROB48
Platoon Leader

Thanks guys. Robin had always come through for me in the past. I like his work a lot. To my knowledge, I haven't done anything to be put on a "Bad Boy" list. I always paid in full and on time. If anybody knows how to get in touch with him (other than his website), please let me know.
Bob
Old 07-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #9
sherman1
Machine Gunner

Bob, he has a Facebook page : look for Onesixthscale King

https://www.facebook.com/onesixthscale.king?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

(I don't know if the link will work, I take it from my friends list)
sherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:05 AM   #10
ROB48
Platoon Leader

Thank you.