Sixth Army Group  

Go Back   Sixth Army Group > Discussion Areas > General Quarters

General Quarters General 1:6 WWII Discussion Forum

Old 11-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
maa
Platoon Leader

Ti-lite M1A1 Thompson: metal, wood, ammo, breaksdown + STEN

This is what we needed. I was thinking may be DiD would be first to do this after the Japan hand-made 1,000 dollar M1921. Way to go Ti-Lite. In China price Yuan 378. Not cheap by any means but a lot better than a thousand US Dollars.

http://www.8feet.net/product_detail-0-10003399.aspx
maa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Krieger
Battalion Commander

DiD has done a wood and metal Thompson. I have a couple from the Gilbert Roe figure.

K.
Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
maa
Platoon Leader

Does the receiver come apart, with an actuated bolt inside, and does it have invidual bullets loadable into the magazine ?
Old 11-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
hankco1942
Moderator and Unit Rigger

that link doesn't work for me!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
maa
Platoon Leader

Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
baggypantsdevil
Sniper

I recently bought one of the Ti-Lite KAR 98 rifles (regular version not sniper) and when I received it it was nothing like the actual product photos. Not to mention that the bolt did not pull out of the receiver. All of the metal parts had a grooved pattern, the wood finish was awful, etc. I have since completely taken it apart, and I mean completely. Not just disassembled but pried apart every single piece so that I could sand it smooth. Next is to repaint it and stain the wood. And believe me, sanding the metal grooves down was not easy. Particularly, the handle for the bolt with the ball at the end was square instead of round like in the photos so I had to dremel it with small sanding stones. It came out looking good but it should have been round originally. I also had to do the same thing with the bayonet. For nearly $50 USD with shipping I would have expected to get the same product as was photographed.
American parachutists-devils in baggy pants-are less than 100m from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night. They pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere. -diary of dead German officer
baggypantsdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #7
maa
Platoon Leader

Up next is their STEN:

Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #8
Loke666
Battalion Commander

Even if the quality was top notch - and now we have at least one memeber saying it isn't - then the price is too rich for me.

If I was very eager to make a dio with a guy fixing his gun, all this parts could be usefull - but for the dios and photoshoots I normally do it doesn't natter very much to me if a rifle or submachinebun can be taken apart.

Actually I prefer correct "scale-look" over options like moveable receivers, "able to shoot rockets" og other play-like features.

Henrik
Old 11-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #9
Krieger
Battalion Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa";p=&quot View Post
Does the receiver come apart, with an actuated bolt inside, and does it have invidual bullets loadable into the magazine ?
No, it doesn't. i was responding to your original post in which you said you thought DiD would do one. They have. That's all. It's also around $10 loose.

K.
Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #10
maa
Platoon Leader

Old 11-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
baggypantsdevil
Sniper

If you notice the photos above of the Sten gun you can clearly see the grooved pattern in the middle section of the weapon. The entire metal portion of the KAR 98 rifle except the barrel had this grooved patter. It is very unrealistic and quite ridiculous for $45 USD. Why these grooves are present is beyond me but it is enough to completely ruin an otherwise fine piece of craftsmanship.

-Kevin
American parachutists-devils in baggy pants-are less than 100m from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night. They pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere. -diary of dead German officer
baggypantsdevil is offline   Reply With Quote